PDA

View Full Version : Run Thru The Hills V DVD now on sale!

Larry Callahan
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28387

5th Annual Run Through the Hills Event

Highlights of all the events held September 18-19, 2009, including The Dragon Run, the open house/impromptu car show at Keisler Engineering and autocross racing at the Smokies ballpark. Includes footage of 58 individual cars- including 38 cars on the autocross track. It's 2 hours long and the perfect souvenir (and training video for next year!).

The cost is $20 per DVD plus $5 for priority mail shipping for up to 5 copies shipped to the United States. Please e-mail me if you are in Canada or elsewhere for a shipping quote.

Click on the link below to order your copy or copies today!

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtth5/rtth-v-dvd.htm

JEFFTATE
12-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Ordered mine today !!
Thanks Larry and Shafi !!
And Bill !!

I hope I'm in there. ( selfishness )

68redcamaro
12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Got mine!!

T_Raven
12-03-2009, 02:42 AM
I swear I responded to this, did it get deleted for some reason? I'd like to order a copy but the button on the front page only takes me to paypal with no invoice to buy or anything.

Ron S
12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Just ordered mine,can't wait. Ron

Larry Callahan
12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I swear I responded to this, did it get deleted for some reason? I'd like to order a copy but the button on the front page only takes me to paypal with no invoice to buy or anything.

When you click the "add to cart" button you don't see this page?

https://www.pro-touring.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28390

BIGX69
12-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Just ordered mine ..payment sent:machine:

indebt69
12-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Payment sent! Can't wait to see the action. Only get to read about it in magazines.

T_Raven
12-04-2009, 03:35 AM
When you click the "add to cart" button you don't see this page?

Yeah if I click the link up there ^^^ then the add to cart button it worked and I ordered one.

For some reason it wasn't working from the main page of the forum where there's an add to cart button

Hoosier Daddy
12-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm chomping at the bit! I sent my paypal on 12/3. Anyone get their dvd yet?

dropit69
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Just ordered mine..wohoo..

KEISLER
12-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Hey Folks,

We shipped all orders through Dec 7 on Tuesday Dec 8th. You should start receiving them now.

Orders placed from Dec 8 onwards are shipping same day or next day. We are using USPS Priority for both domestic and international orders.

ENJOY!!

Hoosier Daddy
12-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Alright, thanks for the update! Now back to :lurk:

Hoosier Daddy
12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Got mine today:attn:

BIGX69
12-11-2009, 02:45 PM
STILL WAITING :hammer:

Larry Callahan
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
For anyone outside the USA I added another button for international orders.

If you want one you should order it soon. Keisler needs to wrap this up, burn a couple of extra and we will kill the link to order them.

wiedemab
12-20-2009, 06:50 AM
I finally got around to watching the video. It was pretty well done.

I was fairly disappointed that there was no video of my car running AutoX. I sold it shortly after this event and was hoping to have some video of it on here - at least one run.

Oh well, I understand that there was a lot of footage and some had to be cut.

All in all, a pretty cool video though.

Brandon

KEISLER
12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi Brandon,

We included ALL of the cars from the event that we had footage on. In fact, we had to compress the footage in order to make everything fit. Was your car at the Open House? Which one was it? I'll confirm it was included.

When we were filming, our original intent was to get only the Kuda, Bill's car and a few others that caught our eye. We did not intend to shoot the entire day. I didn't have manpower lined up past 2pm. The event went long between group 1 and group 2. And a bunch of folks that ran group 1 also ran group 2, making it longer for every car to get a run in. It would have taken abou 8 hours of footage to catch everything.

May be next year Bill can arrange the event such that ALL cars can run 1X before the repeaters. Personally, I think it would make the event more interesting. It seemed to take a L O N G time to get to group 2 (prolly cause I was in group 2 near the end). Plus the cone workers were flat work out. Rick Love and James Tate must have been out there for hours, as was some gals working the course.

And 3 runs total like Optima would be good - then best 2 of 3.

So, if 60 cars want to run, and you want to see the top 2 runs of each car:

Autocross:
Assuming the recording keeping is synch'd with the video results (best), then each cars best 2 runs can be included:
60 cars x 45 sec / car x top 2 runs = 90 min

**and***

Drags (1/8mi):
60 cars x 10 sec/car x top 1 run = 10 min

** and **
Dragon Run 6 min

** and*
14min for dinner, awards, car close-up etc.

I'd be up to getting ALL of the cars next year unless Kevin & Kelle at V8TV pick it up for next year instead.

I think it'd be good if Bill could include the $25 for the DVD and shipping in the cost of each driver's registration. That way, it might make sense to do the video assuming there's 100+ people buying. Even at 100 buyers, it is still a gift at $20 each, cause the cameraman and editing and production costs eat thru all of that.

Also, it would be cool to equip each car with an on-car camera for each autocross run where some multi-angle video can be produced like we did for the Kuda.

wiedemab
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Shafi,

Heck, I appreciate the fact there is good video footage of the event. I was surprised (while at the event) to see you guys filming as much as you did.

There is some brief footage of my car at the Open House (Orange '89 Mustang Coupe) and some nice footage of my Dad's black '67 Chevy II.

Again, very cool video and I appreciate the fact that you guys put it together.

KEISLER
12-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Shafi,

Heck, I appreciate the fact there is good video footage of the event. I was surprised (while at the event) to see you guys filming as much as you did.

There is some brief footage of my car at the Open House (Orange '89 Mustang Coupe) and some nice footage of my Dad's black '67 Chevy II.

Again, very cool video and I appreciate the fact that you guys put it together.

Brandon,

Your dad's ChevyII was killer.

If anyone has footage, send a copy over, and if we'll archive the footage for future revisions.