PDA

View Full Version : Who to buy repop. quarters from?

novaman_68
04-13-2005, 07:52 AM
I just read the post about goodmark vs. NOS quarter panels and I cannot justify NOS prices and am scared away from Goodmark. So who makes good replacement panels? I realize I will have to tweak a little here and there but I don't want to have to totally refab. the entire thing. thanks

zuess4u
04-13-2005, 08:18 AM
I just read the post about goodmark vs. NOS quarter panels and I cannot justify NOS prices and am scared away from Goodmark. So who makes good replacement panels? I realize I will have to tweak a little here and there but I don't want to have to totally refab. the entire thing. thanks

NovaMan, we replaced two 80% quaters and a tail panel on our 67 Camaro, all parts from Goodmark. Everything fit nice. We used www.coyoteclassics.com, if I didnt do the address right just do a google search for the name.

Randy is the owner there, he knows when GoodMark runs bad batches of product, and can help you out. Very decent prices too. Tell him Bob Halt refered you to him, he may charge you double...lol... but really he has great customer service and good products.

MarkM66
04-13-2005, 09:18 AM
A quarter is going to need work, whether it be a $70 Taiwan piece, or a $500 NOS piece. I just put a Taiwan piece on my '70 Nova. Yeah, it took some work, but all quarter replacement does. We got it to fit fine, and you'll never know it was replaced, and that's all that matters, :) .

Travis B
04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
We never use anything other than GOODMARK! everything has always fit perfect! Maybe we just have good luck! I would go with GOODMARK
are you wanting full quarters or skins! We have skinned three cars in the last few months and they have all fit perfect!

ProdigyCustoms
04-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Classic Industries is the maker of the full quarters for Camaro's.

novaman_68
04-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I am going to replace the full quarter minus the sail panel.I'm not sure, would that be just the skin? The car needs the full panel replaced I do know that.

ProdigyCustoms
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
You'll get a lot cleaner job installing the entire panel, including the sail panel. Smaller seam in a better place, more prep work, less finish work.

rockdogz
05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Frank,
Classic is the only maker of the full quarters - even Goodmark ones? I was just at Classic today and they don't have any full quarters because they said they're retooling.

ProdigyCustoms
05-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Actually they are retooling because of some flaws I found for them. They had other complaints, but long story short we worked with them on the trouble areas. The right was horrible at the jam area.
Funny enough, I hired my own hit man though, cause now I need a set and none are around. I would gladly take the F--d up one today.

67bird
05-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I did some research when I needed a set of quarters for my 67' Firebird. I ended up ordering a set of Goodmarks, only because you don't see to many NOS quarters for 67' birds. Along with quarters I bought alot of other pieces that normally get replaced when sheetmetal work is involved. I can say that most of the Goodmark stuff that I bought fits OK. Some of it needs a little work, but its better than trying to fab parts up, or try to find a donor to cut it out of.
I did alot of research over at camaros.net. There are several members there that have installed the Goodmark stuff with a resonable amount of success. I am also in the same boat as other members on both sites in that I am waiting to receive what they are calling the "New Tooling" quarters. I have had my set on order since Febuary of this year, and they are not expecting delivery til second week of June.

MoeBawlz
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I got my full quarters from D & R Classics... You may want to try there if you really need a set now. http://www.drclassic.com/index.html