PDA

View Full Version : Some more recent pics of II Much

parsonsj
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey guys,

Here's a link to some more recent pics of my project. I'll have some more as the body work wraps up over the next month or so.

II Much New Stuff (http://www.iimuchfabrication.com/NewStuff)

jp

Ralph LoGrasso
04-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Lookin' good, JP!! Keep us updated.

F70t/a
04-12-2005, 05:29 PM
:firefire: Damn that looks good!!!!

JP,

Is the front spoiler adjustable?

gen3bu
04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
that is a very impressivveride john. just read the article in phr again, i am still amazed. you will be getting mail soon.

kevin

parsonsj
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Dave, no. Only the rear wing is adjustable.

Kevin, mail away.

jp

C4Bird
04-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Lookin very very nice John! I along with everyone else hope to see it gracing the cover of the mags when it is completed!!

-Nate

vanzuuk1
04-13-2005, 03:41 AM
that car is awesome. it even looks good without paint ,it looks ready for ... I don't know but it looks ready for it! did you fab all the rear spoiler stuff or can you tell me where to get similar hardware? Can't wait to see the car on a magazine cover or on the track.

mikesz
04-13-2005, 04:50 AM
If must have been a heck of a moment after all the work and rework you’ve done on this car to finally say its done and ready for paint. Congratulations. Did you get it back yet?

Mike

parsonsj
04-13-2005, 05:42 AM
Thanks all.

Van: the spoiler adjuster parts are from Longacre Racing. Several places carry them. The piano hinge and hardware came from McMaster-Carr. I made the wing itself from 1/4" 6061 aluminum.

Mike: no the boys in Canton are still hard at work spiffing up that multi-colored primer car you see. I have some pics of the car in raw metal I'll post as well.

jp

MrQuick
04-13-2005, 06:47 AM
You mean your not painting it too???? jk Hi John, car looks great. I saw the article and congrates. I was going to ask you about the front air dam but was waiting for the right time....oh I guess this it it. Did you fabricate that too or is it an off the shelf thing?
Car is coming out beaut, always look foreward to updates on it. Will it make SEMA this year? Shoot them bare metal pictures up. love it

parsonsj
04-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey Vince,

Yes, I made the front air dam. It's made from three pieces of .060 aluminum welded together, plus a 1/4" aluminum strip backing it for strength.

jp

69rs
04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
John, that car rocks!:git: Your article was good too! Congrats.

73-TYPE-LT-LS1
04-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Looking great John.. Top notch!!

TRILOGYZ28
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.iimuchfabrication.com/NewStuff/photos/IMG_5702.JPG

that pic right there is just plain SICK !!!!!!!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Steve Chryssos
04-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Wait til you guys see it in person. Even without paint, glass or trim, you want to fall over. You instantly feel that you are in the presence of something special. The channeled body yields an extreme ride height that blows you away. Then it hits you: The wheels aren't shiny? Instead they have what looks like some top secret mil-spec finish. They're all business. Walk around to the back of the car and the rear spoiler sends the same message: Purposeful.

You expect "Q" to step into the garage and speak: "Now James...Please pay close attention. You simply must take the utmost care of this equipment...."

B Schein
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
That is a good picture but the only problem is you need to jack the car like three feet in the air and drop the suspension links to take the wheels off. O well I guess jp will just have to pray he never gets I flat tire to far from home.

I love the look and the suspension on john’s car that is why I am building one just like it in the camaro version.

Brian

parsonsj
04-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah, Brian's 67 is gonna be very very slick. He and Katz are working on a complete subframe with a rendition of the suspension as II Much. Given the Camaro's wider track, Brian's control arms are a bit longer the those on II Much, and the geometry is tweaked to take advantage of that. He'd probably be done by now if he hadn't spent so much time helping me.

As far as getting my rear wheels and tires off, it's true: I have to unbolt the coilovers to drop the rear housing down enough to get the tires off. It's either that or make the quarter panels removable.
:hammer:

jp

CAMAROBOY69
04-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the pics JP. I love this car and look forward to any updates when they are posted. That pic Trilogy posted is absolutely sick. Who needs paint when it looks that good!!!

Roger Poirier
04-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Please stop with the pictures. You are making me sick! Your always making progress on that car. In the next week or two it will be pictures of the paint job. Go take a vacation or something.

P.S. Eight weeks after I ordered my close ratio steering box, Bear brakes, Tremec 5 speed, Global West suspension, etc; all my parts have finally arrived. Pic's forth coming.

R.P.