PDA

View Full Version : 66 chevelle protouring

SCOTTS66
11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Iam doing a 66 protouring chevelle convertible.I have hit the start of mods on my frame so I figured I would get some pics up.So far I have shortened my Elcamino frame for my chevelle.Same boxed frame but the elky is 3 1/3" longer.I have fixed all the body mount holes. boxed out from the lower control arm mount to the upper.I cut the outer r/h frame section off and Iam installing it on the l/h inner.Iam going with a splined sway bar and coilover shocks so I want to increase strength over the axle.I will be welding in 3/16 steel to make the outer frame skins and am welding steel into the spliced frame rail sections on an angle.I have test fit the one piece floor pan and plan on using stock style streched wheelhouses.Thanks to all who have posted info as it all helped with my game plan.

tillman
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a great project .keep us posted with pics
Tillman

muthstryker
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Thats some interesting boxing, looks good so far. Have any shots of the car?

ProdigyCustoms
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Lookin good man.

CruizinKev
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
nice :twothumbs

SCOTTS66
11-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the compliments.Frank I will be looking you up when I scrounge money up.4 kids,wife,cat,and a house always seem to get in the way.I have alot of pictures on my signature link,its fixed now.The body is getting totally redone,only the cowl and other unavailable parts are being reused.I have had custom made rocker inner reinforcement pieces made to add strength due to being a convertible body.They would work well on a hardtop too.