PDA

View Full Version : New Project

Bill Howell
04-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Well guys, here is the car I have just purchased from a member here. I have not seen the car yet as it is still in Austin, Texas. John has looked it over good though and tells me it looks every bit as good in person as the pictures show. The very first ground up restoration I did back in 1984 was a 65 GTO ragtop, so this really brings back some good memories for me. I like the lines of a 65 and think this will be something a little different from the norm as a protouring ride.
It is a Lemans with a GTO hood so for the purist out there, I will not be ruining a real goat.
I found a LS1 the other day dirt cheap, so I think I will go that route with this car. I will either turbo or procharge it also. I am not sure if I want a 6 speed or auto at this point. I am leaning toward the 6 speed but then Melinda could not drive it and I really need to keep mama happy. She has been great about my toys, but I am starting to get a yard full. Anyone need a nice 71 vette?
I would love some suggestions on the suspension since I really don't know where to start. I am not sure what is out there for this body style and frame. It will not see much track time but I do want it to handle well and would like to maybe even graph in a vette suspension. For sure I want it to handle like a new ride. Any imput?
Of course, it will be getting a new 4 wheel disk brake set-up.
The car has been in storage for several years. It was painted just prior to that, so I will more than likely live with what is there for the time being.
Kris, how about a rendering? I bet you have not done one of these yet! I have been in line a while now anyway-lol.

ProdigyCustoms
04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Here ya go Bill. Your wife is going to hate me, and we have not even met yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=7967791291&rd=1

Bill Howell
04-11-2005, 07:18 PM
You going to do the install? :naughty:
Don't feel too sorry for her, she is driving a hummer you know.

ProdigyCustoms
04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, if she drives a Hummer, then you can afford me.

digitalman2112
04-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Hmmm... I take my firebird to Frank - and my wife starts talking about H2s and Escalades - coincidence? I can only wonder :)

Bill Howell
04-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Hmmm... I take my firebird to Frank - and my wife starts talking about H2s and Escalades - coincidence? I can only wonder :)

Now that you mention it, he talked to Steve (streetfytr68) about using an Escalade in a project too! :dunno: Ian I think you are on to something! He is the voodoo man! :seizure: :lmao: :lmao:

Steve1968LS2
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey Bill.. sure you want to wait two weeks to get the car???? What if gypsies move into it or something..

I think you need to go get it ASAP.. and no, I don't have an ulterior motive.. ok, maybe I do.. sorta ;)

Cool car and it is something different.. sounds like a cool project!

Ralph LoGrasso
04-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Sweet car, Bill. I think you should build a 455CI LS1 instead of a procharged / turbo LS1. :naughty: Plus you could get an easy 525-550rwhp all motor :). MTI does the 455 LS1 GTO conversions. www.motorsporttech.com

Sounds like you need a paddle shifted 4L60/80E to solve the problem of 6 speed or auto. It's the best of both worlds.

So lets see, 455CI LS1, Paddle shifted 4L80E, '04 GTO suspension / brakes, 18" wheels, '04 GTO interior, sounds like a plan :headbang:

Steve Chryssos
04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Congratulations Bill,
That Ralph fella makes a lot of sense. He is wise beyond his years. :candle:

trapin
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Bill, that is friggin awesome. Congrats on the new car, I too love them ole goats...they've got some damn sexy lines. Since you asked...I'll throw my $.02 in.

First off....this car reminds me of the '66 Toronado that Jay Leno did for SEMA last year and also how he missed the boat on a great feature due to a tight deadline that had to be met.....

All Wheel Drive. Yes....you heard me right. All Wheel Drive.

Have a seat....let's talk.

Picture this....'65 GTO replica, Pro Built LS1 by Wheel To Wheel with Twin-Turbo set-up (roughly 800 to 1000 horsepower). Full tube chassis with C4 or C5 mated suspension in the rear with converted front drive suspension from an old Typhoon or Syclone (beefed up of course to handle the additional weight and torque). Full custom interior, 2 or 3 tone paint job. 19" HRE's with 335's in the rear and 18's up front with 275's. Slammed, bent, mean, hunched over in a menacing posture that'll have the preacher at the local church hollering to the heavens that end is near...REPENT....REPENT YOUR SINS AND YOU SHALL HAVE SALVATION!!!!!

3400 lbs of romp-stompin, Hell-stormin' fury! A car, the likes of which has never been seen nor attempted. Good Lord....I'm gettin' scared just thinking about it.

.......or we could just hang some fuzzy dice in the rear view mirror and call it a day. It's your choice.

Bill Howell
04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Bill, that is friggin awesome. Congrats on the new car, I too love them ole goats...they've got some damn sexy lines. Since you asked...I'll throw my $.02 in.

First off....this car reminds me of the '66 Toronado that Jay Leno did for SEMA last year and also how he missed the boat on a great feature due to a tight deadline that had to be met.....

All Wheel Drive. Yes....you heard me right. All Wheel Drive.

Have a seat....let's talk.

Picture this....'65 GTO replica, Pro Built LS1 by Wheel To Wheel with Twin-Turbo set-up (roughly 800 to 1000 horsepower). Full tube chassis with C4 or C5 mated suspension in the rear with converted front drive suspension from an old Typhoon or Syclone (beefed up of course to handle the additional weight and torque). Full custom interior, 2 or 3 tone paint job. 19" HRE's with 335's in the rear and 18's up front with 275's. Slammed, bent, mean, hunched over in a menacing posture that'll have the preacher at the local church hollering to the heavens that end is near...REPENT....REPENT YOUR SINS AND YOU SHALL HAVE SALVATION!!!!!

3400 lbs of romp-stompin, Hell-stormin' fury! A car, the likes of which has never been seen nor attempted. Good Lord....I'm gettin' scared just thinking about it.

.......or we could just hang some fuzzy dice in the rear view mirror and call it a day. It's your choice.

Frank are you seeing this???????
Tony,
He told me the same thing yesterday. I think you two are smoking the same stuff-lol
Frank was thinking escalade since the wheelbase is only one inch different. I owned a eldorado once and loved doing fwd burnouts. I would love even more to do awd burnouts. I may get old but I refuse to grow up!!
While I like your idea, I am not sure my budget will stand it :lol:

parsonsj
04-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Bill,

Excellent choice! I love GTOs. You can't go wrong ... unless you do the "fuzzy dice" plan.

jp

vanzuuk1
04-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Someone please buy that motor for me , my birthday is the 18th. I'll pay shipping.
Seriously, that goat is crying for a high tech drivetrain, it's a nice break from the camaro parade.

Bill Howell
05-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, The Lemans is loaded back up and will be at Prodigy Customs Friday morning for a little rearend surgery. With a little luck, she should have fresh paint, interior and top by the end of June. Now if I can just get in enough overtime to get some wheels.....
When we get her back to Tennessee, we should have the LSx and magnacharger ready to slip in.
Then :drive1:

MrQuick
05-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice Bill, I love it. Frank will do his magic...I love the 65 GTO look, espesh the tail lights...wait are you going full GTO look or Lemans? anyways should be a fun project. Are you going to have him mock up an LSx or do that later?

ViperBlue68
05-04-2005, 03:21 PM
:attn: grab this and drop it off along with the Goat Bill!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7972089677&category=33615

Bill Howell
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Nice Bill, I love it. Frank will do his magic...I love the 65 GTO look, espesh the tail lights...wait are you going full GTO look or Lemans? anyways should be a fun project. Are you going to have him mock up an LSx or do that later?

Frank said he had a couple laying around so yes, he is going to go ahead and set it up for me. I am stopped in Valdosta with a flat tire,so thought I would check the board. See you in the morning Frank

ProdigyCustoms
05-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Well, we got the GTO2B yesterday, and what a piece of............, LOL!
Just kidding, actually is the best damn body I have seen on anything but Pam Anderson in quite a while. 100% solid, looks like no rust ever. Needs repainted though, needs backhalfed and mini Tubbed. Were going to look real hard at sectioning the factory rear frame section and squeezing it a bit to accommodate a few more inches of tire. We feel the factory 4 bar stuff works pretty well, and with some aftermarket bars, variable rate springs and good shocks, the boat should do pretty well.
Up front we will do some tubular arms, coil over conversion and some big fugin brakes. Out back we are still deciding on a 12 bolt or 9".
Were going to hook the interior up with some 2001 Olds Aurora Seats with integrated seat belts. We are also doing a Mercedes type cloth top for it.
Colors will be silver and flame red 2 tone, with a silver gray and flame red leather combination on the interior.
Were pretty damn excited about working on something but a Camaro. not that we don't love our Camaro's.

trapin
05-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Frank...as long as we can follow the progress on your site, I'm sure we'll all be happy campers. That color combo sounds sick on an old GTO. I can't wait to see how it plays out. You're right...it will be a lot of fun following this project. It's different.

Bill Howell
05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Here is a little teaster from Kris. What do ya"ll think? Allen, notice the wheel choice!

Ralph LoGrasso
05-20-2005, 06:54 PM
:bananna2: Looks good, Bill!! I like the monotone front bumper!!

MoeBawlz
05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
that looks AWESOME! My brother would DIE for that car. He has always been a sucker for 65 Goats... then again so am i...

69speed
05-20-2005, 08:03 PM
That is going to be an awesome ride Bill! Nice, very nice, and it's a convertible! Any chance it will be home in time for the event?
That car needs a paddle shifter so you can keep momma happy:)

ProdigyCustoms
05-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Kris has nailed the body, I swear he gets better on every car. I think it is way to low, not close to realistic. Need a two tone bad, too much red. And if we use a silver or charcoal bottom I think we should really consider chrome bumpers on the silver / charcoal. Also, I think, for my taste, the wheels are wrong on that big of a ride. I picture this one with more of a luxury Pro Tour cruiser look instead of a large street fighter look.
I am thinking silver bottom, chrome trim and polished billet wheels. Also, looking at the car today I noticed the wheel wells in the rear are HUGE. I will measure them, but if a Camaro can handle a 29" slick, I bet the GTO can handle a 31". So if the well is 2" bigger, and a Camaro all ready swallows a 335/18, we will need to consider something that will fill the gap. I think we really need to consider a big - tall tire in the rear to fill the well. I have something in mind.

Bill Howell
05-20-2005, 08:16 PM
June 22 would have been a great deadline, but it aint going to happen. I am getting the interior done while it is at Frank's so it looks like it will be more like the middle of July before I can get it home. Then we gotta get the drivetrain in. I am hoping at this point to have it ready by the fall grand run here (3rd weekend in Sept.) but I really think turkey rod run in Daytona is more realistic.

Bill Howell
05-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Kris has nailed the body, I swear he gets better on every car. I think it is way to low, not close to realistic. Need a two tone bad, too much red. And if we use a silver or charcoal bottom I think we should really consider chrome bumpers on the silver / charcoal. Also, I think, for my taste, the wheels are wrong on that big of a ride. I picture this one with more of a luxury Pro Tour cruiser look instead of a large street fighter look.
I am thinking silver bottom, chrome trim and polished billet wheels. Also, looking at the car today I noticed the wheel wells in the rear are HUGE. I will measure them, but if a Camaro can handle a 29" slick, I bet the GTO can handle a 31". So if the well is 2" bigger, and a Camaro all ready swallows a 335/18, we will need to consider something that will fill the gap. I think we really need to consider a big - tall tire in the rear to fill the well. I have something in mind.

No doubt we are on the same page about height and chrome bumpers, it must be an age thing-lol Suggestions on different wheels?

Bill Howell
05-26-2005, 04:56 PM
More eye candy. Final rendering will be a combo of these with some changes. Right now I am thinking a lighter grey with the red top.
Also Frank sent the picture of the rear Aurora seat "fitted" into the convertible- is that cool or what. It along with the front buckets are at the upholstery shop getting the 65 style stitching done and hopefully a new logo design I came up with.

Jagarang
05-26-2005, 06:17 PM
THEY LOOK KILLER!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

phonedude_mln
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
More eye candy. Final rendering will be a combo of these with some changes. Right now I am thinking a lighter grey with the red top.
Also Frank sent the picture of the rear Aurora seat "fitted" into the convertible- is that cool or what. It along with the front buckets are at the upholstery shop getting the 65 style stitching done and hopefully a new logo design I came up with.

have you seen the other tempest on this site:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=711

it is quite nice. about the color scheme... it is great, but it seems pretty similar to Kris's Chevelle.

Now to give a slightly different opinion...

One thing to consider about a 65 Goat... there are so few of them, that you don't have to do much to make them stand out. For example, this one:

http://www.kkpony.com/Events/TracyHighSchool2001/DSCN0509_JPG.html

is almost enough to make me sell my Fords and go buy a GTO. The
color is unusual, the stance is dead-on, but otherwise it is quite
simple. Less is more.

IMO, that is what makes Mark Stielow's cars so great... sure, they
have the trick powertrains, but aesthetically they are masterpieces
of restraint.

BuddyP
05-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Bill, that looks killer!!!

Bill Howell
05-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Kevin,
The seats were not too big, you just needed a bigger car :lmao:

Phonedude min,
I had not seen that 65 until now-thanks for the link. There is at least one other 65 here also-Wally8. The black/red combo does look alot like Kris's car, But that is not the color I am going with, nor am I using the tribal stripe. Other than some really nice wheels, I hope it does have the suttle look when finished. You are right, it will stick out anyway since there just are not many left.
Thanks for the comments,

4OfaKind
05-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Bill your car is going to be cool (even if i am not particularly fond of the paint choices). Tuff to beat a custom convertible.

I like this GTO as well. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

ProdigyCustoms
05-27-2005, 02:32 AM
[QUOTE=Bill Howell]

The black/red combo does look alot like Kris's car, But that is not the color I am going with, nor am I using the tribal stripe. QUOTE]

We are really looking for a Torch Red top and Cortex Silver bottom, with a very contrasting small stripe dividing the two colors.

Travis B
05-27-2005, 04:22 AM
looks good Bill! I am a sucker for two tones can't wait to see how it turns out!

Flynlo416
05-27-2005, 08:42 AM
The car is gonna look sick Bill. I like the 2- tone paint but not a fan of the tribal stripe glad you decided against it....imho. Nice to see some variety.

Piet
05-27-2005, 02:36 PM
OK.... I only have MS Paint..... but what about Black and Silver?

Bill Howell
05-27-2005, 03:07 PM
It will have the black convertible top. Your idea would certainly match my malibu which is that color scheme from the factory. I just need red-lol

Piet
05-27-2005, 10:45 PM
I am looking at the red and black combo myself....
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=1016
The car is originally red...

Steve Chryssos
05-28-2005, 06:25 AM
Bill,
Needs to be "Screamin' Eagle" colors!! Definitely.

F1 Speed
05-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Hi Bill,
Awesome project! I've always had a soft spot for 65 GTO's. Looking forword to future updates.

ProdigyCustoms
05-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Getting closer to what we want.

MuscleRodz
05-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Kris your work gets more refined with every job. Almost makes me want to do mine again.

Looking very nice Bill. I really like the siler and red combo. I have not seen it much except on hot rods. It will definitely stand apart from the crowd.

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
05-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Kris your work gets more refined with every job. Almost makes me want to do mine again.

Mike

I was thinking exactly the same thing, mine looks like a cartoon compared to this one.

KrisHorton
05-28-2005, 11:12 AM
:naughty: Maybe we can work out a deal since the cars are already done pretty much. I have picked up a lot of cool tricks over the past year though and I think I've improved a bit. E-mail me if you're serious about a second go-around and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Kris

Bill Howell
05-28-2005, 11:40 AM
:naughty: Maybe we can work out a deal since the cars are already done pretty much. I have picked up a lot of cool tricks over the past year though and I think I've improved a bit. E-mail me if you're serious about a second go-around and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Kris

:look: Not until he gets finished with this one though :lmao:
Seriously, Kris has been easy to work with and has not said anything about the changes I seem to have daily. I have found too that showing the renderings to prospective sponsors gets you into the door when you are trying to get special parts. They just take you a little more seriously when they can see your goals. Now I can not wait to see some seats installed and really start getting a feel for how it will look finished.
This car will be finished and will be in Daytona at Thanksgiving. In fact it will be driven from here to there. I know that is a tall order, but that is the goal.
Frank has a great section on his website about the car and will update it regularly as the work progresses. Here is a link :icon996:
http://www.prodigycustoms.com/Billsgto.asp

Thanks for all the comments ya'll. I am as excited about it as anyone. I have nailed down a few things. The global west and wilwood stuff is on the way to Frank this week. The car will sport Forgeline wheels, but that will cut into my budget elsewhere-lol. While they are expensive, Tom and the guys at Forgeline are very customer oriented and should have me the wheels by early or mid July.

Steve1968LS2
05-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Here is a little teaster from Kris. What do ya"ll think? Allen, notice the wheel choice!

Nice wheel choice.. now I don't have to pay Kris to render them for me :)

Although I don't think Forgeline offers them in a reversed lip design.. I like the red and silver....

Thats gonna be one nice car there Bill... :icon996:

Roger Poirier
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Bill,

I'm glad I read your last post. I can't imagine that car being done any time in 2005. If you do great. The most important thing is getting it correct. The more time you put into R&D the nicer it should come out.

As for me, I'm not sold on the shades of color selection that are shown as of yet. My thoughts go along with yours Bill. Maybe more silver on the bottom and deeper red on top? However, you and Frank will get right in the end. Good luck. R.P.

Bill Howell
06-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Well, I did the dirty deed yesterday, ordered these wheels. 19X9.5 front and 20x12 on rear. These are pricey but I wanted something different. Tom Myers at Forgeline is the man and I highly recommend them if you are in the market for some nice wheels. They also hooked me up with the P ZERO ROSSO's that I needed too. :icon996:

http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/vr3p.jpg

Flynlo416
06-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Very nice Mr. Howell!! They will look great on the Goat. Instead of Andrew Borodins GaTaGo you can call it HadToGo........just messin....Beautiful car. You don't see to many verts that are done right and from what I've seen it will be sweet!

Bill Howell
06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Very nice Mr. Howell!! They will look great on the Goat. Instead of Andrew Borodins GaTaGo you can call it HadToGo........just messin....Beautiful car. You don't see to many verts that are done right and from what I've seen it will be sweet!
Thanks for the comments. One thing though, Mr. Howell is my dad, I am just Bill-lol :icon996:

Flynlo416
06-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the comments. One thing though, Mr. Howell is my dad, I am just Bill-lol :icon996:

Sorry if I offended you. I'm just Shawn :poke:

trapin
06-05-2005, 06:12 PM
And I'm just speechless.

That car is gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

If you finish her this July it had better make an appearance at Woodward this year. If you need a place to stay look no further. I'll even push the Camaro out onto the back lawn so 'Project Sh*t Kicker' can have a nice warm place to sleep.

You got my cell...don't hesitate.

Bill Howell
06-05-2005, 06:18 PM
No way I will be finished by this July. I hope to have it completed and drive it to Daytona in November. However, I will be there next year, you can count on it :icon996:

Oh yeah, I was able to snag a 6.0 escalade engine this weekend, so a small change in plans. Still plan on a magnacharger and already have the 4L80.
Thanks Tony.

Steve68
06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Mr.Howell Mr. Howell..... Now say that in your best Gilligan voice,hehehe

I saw the stripped boat today, Franks moving right along, nice choice in wheels, and colors, the frames coming along nicely,

and the weather is perfect to be working outside in the sun, 86* feels like 92* with 70% humidity... Poor Frank, dehydration

69rs
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
It's gonna be sweet!:yum: Too bad it won't be finished in 3 weeks!!:screwy: Oh well, I'll be at Daytona for the Turkey Run too!

ProdigyCustoms
06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I am trying to talk him into a tri power FI set up for it, and punching the motor to 389 inches. We could get 500HP out of it by accident.

Hopefully we have all studied our muscle history books and remember the 389 Tri Power 65 Goat is THE granddaddy of all muscle cars! I think a new millennium LSX, Tri Power, fuel injected, big tired, well suspended, big braked, goat would be the coolest. What does everyone think?

Steve1968LS2
06-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, I did the dirty deed yesterday, ordered these wheels. 19X9.5 front and 20x12 on rear. These are pricey but I wanted something different. Tom Myers at Forgeline is the man and I highly recommend them if you are in the market for some nice wheels. They also hooked me up with the P ZERO ROSSO's that I needed too. :icon996:

http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/vr3p.jpg

I really like those wheels for some reason.. ;)

I found the reciept for hte Forgelines on my car.. you would cry if you saw how cheap they were..

Those are gonna look great on your car!

Steve1968LS2
06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I am trying to talk him into a tri power FI set up for it, and punching the motor to 389 inches. We could get 500HP out of it by accident.

Hopefully we have all studied our muscle history books and remember the 389 Tri Power 65 Goat is THE granddaddy of all muscle cars! I think a new millennium LSX, Tri Power, fuel injected, big tired, well suspended, big braked, goat would be the coolest. What does everyone think?

:cool:

Roger Poirier
06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Great idea! It goes with the theme and era of the car.

Goodness gracious, I think I'm starting to get jealous.

R.P.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Frank,

Try to talk him into a healthy cam for that 389, or if he keeps it stock displacment. I've been working on him for the cam when I talk to him on the phone. I think he's starting to go for it. 389 with a healthy cam and even stock heads should put down 400+ to the wheels. Add the magnacharger and it should see 500 the wheels. Do it, Bill...do it!!

silver69
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Bill, here is a 65 Lemans convt we just finished up thought you might like to see some pics. Pontiac 400, 2004R trans,17'' billet specialty wheels, custom interior, GTO hood

Joe

Bill Howell
06-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Joe,
That is sweet. What is the top color? Is it seafoam or blue? I plan on using the same style original design on my seats even though I am using the later model ones. That has always been a favorite to me.
What is that in the background in the one picture? Looks like a 71 or 72 cutlass or 442? Another cool car I have owned once.....
Thanks for sharing. :usa:
Bill

ProdigyCustoms
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
One quick shot. I will post updates on the website Thursday. Tubs are in, frame is narrowed and blasted, should paint the frame and undercarrige before I leave for Pigeon Forge show next Weds.

silver69
06-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Bill, the car is actually all silver and the seats are silver inserts. Yes the car in the background is the next project 70 cutlass convt supposed to be original big block car checking documents.

Joe

Bill Howell
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Joe,
:dunno: I have looked at those pictures again and I swear it looks like it is two tone ?? It must just be the way the sun is hitting it. I really like the top color too. I was thinking it might look good as the color to use in the strip scheme on my car. Kinda use it to separate the red and silver. Oh well, very nice ride. Makes me want to get mine done that much more.

Jagarang
06-15-2005, 04:40 AM
I thought so when I looked the first time to Bill! Looking again I think the car is just silver, but the belt line of the car is defining the "second" color. It's a light and shadow situation on the body lines! Fooled me for sure! It sure gives you a good idea of what a silver bottom with a LIGHT blue or blue/green to would look like! I like!

silver69
06-15-2005, 07:06 AM
The car is all silver with a thin double line pinstipe right at that body line the sun is playing with the color.

Thanks Joe

Bill Howell
08-05-2005, 06:19 PM
This is a plug for the guys at Prodigy.
As the quote below proves, I took the Pontiac to Orlando 5/5/05. I will be picking it up in two weeks, so that means that in only 3 1/2 months, they have done a complete rotissere overhaul on the car. This also includes minitubs, complete rework and narrowing of the frame, new trunk and floorpans, all new interior which required several hours of fitting seats,etc.before the interior shop could start stitching. Also they co-odinated ordering parts from everyone from the rearend builder to new weatherstripping. I can count 13 different venders that have gotten to know Frank on a first name basis because of this car. Oh yeah, did I mention the 4-5 calls a day keeping me up to date with the progress.
I met Frank here on the board and was impressed with his knowledge, then made it a point to meet him and check his shop out while in Daytona in March. I am very cautious about mixing friendship with business because the two usually do not mix. However, I was so impressed with the work I saw going out there, that I had to take the chance. I have experienced and also read here of horror stories about bodyshop hell. When he told me they would have the car ready by July 4, frankly I did not see that happening. However, even with the setback and extra work involved with the trunk and floor pan issues the car is still almost ready. It is almost unbelieveable that this car has gone from where it was to being in the SEMA show this year. Of course, the down side is the cost of the restoration has about doubled from the original plan but that is my fault, not Frank's(for the most part anyway-LOL). I can never say enough is enough and all my projects end up this way.
Sorry, there will be a few "teasters" from here on out, but I can not show any more complete pictures until after the debut. However, anyone who comes here the second weekend in September to the yearly Shades of the Past show will get a sneak preview in Wabbits vendors spot. It will be a push for us to get everything finished mechanically by SEMA but with any luck it will happen.
Thanks again Frank, Michael, Andrew, Wally and Lisa for doing what you said you would do. :worship:

Frank said he had a couple laying around so yes, he is going to go ahead and set it up for me. I am stopped in Valdosta with a flat tire,so thought I would check the board. See you in the morning Frank

(This post was made in this thread 5/4/05)

suh weet
08-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Bill, I stopped by the shop last week and your car looked incredible. I can't wait to see it done!

Bill Howell
08-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Suh weet,
Thanks, the car will have many hidden details that will be missed by some but appreciated by those that take the time to really look at it.
It is really coming together nicely down there, I am just a bit concerned about all the mechanical issues we will have to deal with once it gets home.
LOL, I guess if it were easy, anyone could do it- right?

96Z28SS
08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
:postpics:

lets get some updated pics

protouring70
08-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Bill, I will be there and I hope to meet you and take a look at the new car. Will you be out riding at night or just be hanging out at your fav. spot (HARDEE's).
Either way, I hope to see ya. We will be in my father-in-laws '52 blue Mercury pick-up. I'll look you up.

Brent Walker

Bill Howell
08-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Bill, I will be there and I hope to meet you and take a look at the new car. Will you be out riding at night or just be hanging out at your fav. spot (HARDEE's).
Either way, I hope to see ya. We will be in my father-in-laws '52 blue Mercury pick-up. I'll look you up.

Brent Walker
Brent,
You know me too well :lmao: We will be at Hardees or making laps in the malibu. You coming both weekends or just the Shades?
I am alittle concerned with the Pontiac sitting in that dust bowl all weekend, but I guess it was bound to get dirty sooner or later anyway. LOL

96Z28SS,
I have been ordered not to post any more pictures, just a few teasters from now til SEMA. :rtfm:
But there may be one or two pop up by mistake, you know I am a da when it comes to computers.LOL

ProdigyCustoms
08-07-2005, 03:40 AM
I am alittle concerned with the Pontiac sitting in that dust bowl all weekend, but I guess it was bound to get dirty sooner or later anyway. LOL

Dust Bowl!!!!!! That's it, you can't have it!

Thanks for the kind words, but we are really only doing what you are paying us to do. I'm heading in to finsh the paint, C ya.

Steve Chryssos
08-07-2005, 05:20 AM
We are really only doing what you are paying us to do.

That's an interesting concept. You may be on to something, there.

Jagarang
08-08-2005, 04:36 AM
I'll second that!

This is a plug for the guys at Prodigy.
As the quote below proves, I took the Pontiac to Orlando 5/5/05. I will be picking it up in two weeks, so that means that in only 3 1/2 months, they have done a complete rotissere overhaul on the car. This also includes minitubs, complete rework and narrowing of the frame, new trunk and floorpans, all new interior which required several hours of fitting seats,etc.before the interior shop could start stitching. Also they co-odinated ordering parts from everyone from the rearend builder to new weatherstripping. I can count 13 different venders that have gotten to know Frank on a first name basis because of this car. Oh yeah, did I mention the 4-5 calls a day keeping me up to date with the progress.
I met Frank here on the board and was impressed with his knowledge, then made it a point to meet him and check his shop out while in Daytona in March. I am very cautious about mixing friendship with business because the two usually do not mix. However, I was so impressed with the work I saw going out there, that I had to take the chance. I have experienced and also read here of horror stories about bodyshop hell. When he told me they would have the car ready by July 4, frankly I did not see that happening. However, even with the setback and extra work involved with the trunk and floor pan issues the car is still almost ready. It is almost unbelieveable that this car has gone from where it was to being in the SEMA show this year. Of course, the down side is the cost of the restoration has about doubled from the original plan but that is my fault, not Frank's(for the most part anyway-LOL). I can never say enough is enough and all my projects end up this way.
Sorry, there will be a few "teasters" from here on out, but I can not show any more complete pictures until after the debut. However, anyone who comes here the second weekend in September to the yearly Shades of the Past show will get a sneak preview in Wabbits vendors spot. It will be a push for us to get everything finished mechanically by SEMA but with any luck it will happen.
Thanks again Frank, Michael, Andrew, Wally and Lisa for doing what you said you would do. :worship:

(This post was made in this thread 5/4/05)

Bill Howell
08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
OK, I hope I do not get shot in the morning, but Frank has gone to bed so I am going to post a teaster. The car got a new coat this weekend. I thought this might be of interest. Sorry, no whole shots for awhile.

MuscleRodz
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Sorry, no whole shots for awhile.
Ok, how about a bunch of little ones so we can make a "Pro-Poser" puzzle. :icon_razz

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
08-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Ok, how about a bunch of little ones so we can make a "Pro-Poser" puzzle. :icon_razz

Mike

Poser puzzle! Oh that's damn cute.

And here Bill told me he wouldn't post anything. But I guess this just means he is proud, and we are tired! Now we can focus on Prodigy while this one goes to upholstery for a week or two. Since SEMA is like tomorrow, we decided to add more trick **** to Prodigy. We want to be 100% certain we are working on it while it rides across the country. Think exotic car transport would mind us converting the enclosed trailer into a paint booth?

David Sloan
08-09-2005, 02:03 AM
LOL!! Frank!!!
Paint booth on wheels!!! LOL!!! That would be cool!!!!!

Bill Howell
08-09-2005, 05:25 AM

Mike

Thanks for the heads up, I never thought of that. I will be sure and leave out a piece or two.LOL
ProPoserPuzzle.com :lmao: :lmao: