PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Thanks - to our OUSCI Volunteers

justimagine
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
To all of our OUSCI crew of workers and volunteers -

First, let me start by saying I'm sure I have left someone, probably more than one, off of this list, but there were so many generous people helping us throughout the day that I have been unable to collect everyone's contact information.

On behalf of the entire OUSCI team, I want to share our sincere thanks and appreciation for your generous gift of time and resources towards the successful completion of the 2009 OPTIMA Batteries Ultimate Street Car Invitational. I've been lucky to have received numerous positive comments and feedback about the event, but it is our tireless group of volunteers - enthusiasts to the core, that make the operations of the event hum like a well tuned big block. If you haven't had the chance, check the forums - without even knowing it, people and participants are singing the praises of the great work you did. There are hundreds of comments about how well run and well organized the event was and what a great time everyone had. Each of these comments is a tribute to you and the work you did throughout the day (without a complaint!) I know many of you worked without a break for lunch or anything else - we will work on correcting this for next year.

Great job team - I am proud to have worked with you and to have you represent our volunteer team. If any of you would like to come back next year, you're all welcome. My sincere thanks and appreciation go out to each and every one of you.

TonyHuntimer
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Everyone was awesome. I had a great time at the event. Thanks to everyone who was a part of making it happen!

I know I wasn't a volunteer, but I was lucky enough to have a couple of Cliff Bars in my pocket so I could continue shooting. When I did get some lunch as the sun was sinking behind the mountain, the BBQ was fricken AWESOME!

Steve1968LS2
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Yea, without the volunteers we wouldn't of had an event!

Thanks to all that helped out!

I never got a chance for lunch either.. just ate some granola bars that I keep stashed in the track bag. lol

nvmyss
11-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I know that myself and my father had a great time, well worth taking leave for. He really enjoyed doing the starting for the auto-x. We would be more then happy do do it again next year.

bonecrrusher
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Adam... your lucky you live so close to go!

nvmyss
11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
If you make it out this way next year I have an extra room if ya want.