PDA

View Full Version : Custom push rod system?

P.T. RACER
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Is it capable to be made? I have seen it done on a Mustang, but what else is needed? Heres the link to the Mustang.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0604_1969_ford_mustang_overhaulin_blackened/photo_04.html

cheapthrillz
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
DUDE, STOP POSTING THE SAME DAMN THREAD OVER AND OVER. IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE ANSWER YOU WERE LOOKING FOR THE FIRST TIME, TRY ASKING A DIFFERENT QUESTION IN YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.

Are you wanting someone to tell you which suspension to buy for your Nova, or are you trying to figure out what will be the best for your budget?

Rhino
11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Is there any particular reason that you're looking to do this?

If you're asking if you can cantilever coil overs, yes it's possible.
You won't find anyone building a bolt in kit. With that in mind you'll need a welder, some tube, a few bushings/bearings, and a ton of math.

Bjkadron
11-12-2009, 02:41 PM
That is just a watts link with coilovers.. noting special.

JRouche
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
That is just a watts link with coilovers.. noting special.

That it is, but it is pretty interesting. Bottom mount watts link and some really tilted coil overs. I imagine the rate on those spring is pretty high. Interesting suspension. JR

Bryce
11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
the system in the link is the unique performance copy of the total control products torque arm rear suspension and yes, it is a pushrod system. if you want more info look up TCP.

Bjkadron
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
That it is, but it is pretty interesting. Bottom mount watts link and some really tilted coil overs. I imagine the rate on those spring is pretty high. Interesting suspension. JR

The shocks would have to be absurdly stiff too.. Unless it is the pushrod type.

Bjkadron
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
the system in the link is the unique performance copy of the total control products torque arm rear suspension and yes, it is a pushrod system. if you want more info look up TCP.

Why Yes it is!!! Amazing! I've looked at that picture a hundred times at least and it never connected! Sometimes I amaze even myself! :hammer:

JRouche
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Why Yes it is!!! Amazing! I've looked at that picture a hundred times at least and it never connected! Sometimes I amaze even myself! :hammer:

Thats funny... I looked and looked at the pic and dint see any pivoting links, still dont. I cant see it with the pic provided. And Im still looking :) Where are my glasses!!! JR

Ahhh, got it...

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/11/pr_042-1.jpg