PDA

View Full Version : LS1-T56 finally in !

Rybar
04-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey guys, we finally got the LS1-T56 into my car on the weekend. After 3-4 months of planning, researching, gathering parts etc it finally came together.

The install went pretty good. Had a couple of hic-ups but were minor.

There are some pics in my sig.

Next: the wiring, gauges, fuel tank install, fuel lines and all the other necessary plumbing. Going to try to have this together for this summer.

Steve1968LS2
04-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Looking good!! I don't think the 1st gen LS1 swaps are that tough since some many swap parts are made these days..

Where are you mounting the EMC and, if in the interior, where is the wire loom entering the interior?

Rybar
04-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Looking good!! I don't think the 1st gen LS1 swaps are that tough since some many swap parts are made these days..

Where are you mounting the EMC and, if in the interior, where is the wire loom entering the interior?

Well we had to do a little massaging, but we got it in.

I want to mount the ECM in the interior, I haven't drilled the hole, but it might be a pretty big one to get that main part of the harness in and the connectors for the ECM. Any suggestions Steve?

Steve1968LS2
04-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Yea, go in through the trans tunnel.. it will leave you with a cleaner firewall.

Call up Speartech and see if he will sell you a grommet that is the right size then cut the holt to fit it. He was the only place I found the "right" grommet..

I mounted my ECM on the top of the trans tunnel just below the dash.

colt zantop
04-11-2005, 09:24 AM
lookin good! also, that red has got to be one of the nicest reds I have seen on a camaro.....killer color!!