PDA

View Full Version : ATS Update

killer69
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Here is an up date for everyone.
We made a small announcement today at SEMA.
Speed Tech Perfromance has now taken over all ATS operations.
ATS and Speed tech have been combined and all functions will be handled through Speedtech. 1-888-467-1625
Having said that PLEASE do not call post or email asking where your spindles are. it will take us some time to acess what needs to be done and who is waiting for parts. we will be ordeing the pars needed to finish any assemblies and get the parts into boxes. at that time we will be contacting anyone who has parts on back order and then shipping out the oldest orders first.
This is a very exciting addition to the speed tech line of parts and this now helps complete the line and improve it at the same time.

Chicken Louie
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow!! Congrats!!

Damn True
11-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey, I have ATS spindles and Speed-Tech Upper/Lower control arms.

Project 1/2=Track. Ahead of the curve!

This is great news for everyone involved. Tyler, the Speed-Tech crew and the customers of both fine companies.

ProdigyCustoms
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I was very excited to hear the news today. This is just the perfect fit. Doing business with you guys at Speedtech for the last couple years makes me feel very comfortable the right people got this, and are keping Tylers amazing products available for us all. And I am happy for Tyler as I am sure this lets him move on to more ingenious ideas.

Congrats to all involved!

See you at the Lateral-G meet!

JRouche
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey, Ill be honest, I cant think of a better company to continue the quality line. You guys have a sense for quality parts and this will just add to your already outstanding line up. Congrats on the expanded line. JR

parsonsj
11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Blake,

Nicely done!!! See you tomorrow!

jp

Apogee
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Congratulations Blake! I'm glad to see someone such as yourself stepping in to provide the level of attention that product line deserves.

Tobin
KORE3

1badchevelle
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Does this mean cost just went down 50%? just kidding, great news guys...

gearheads78
11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
excellent news

6'9"Witha69
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Congrats.

Please oh please tell me that means you will R&D billet short steering arms for the F/X-Body.

WILWAXU
11-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Congrats guys!

TBART70
11-04-2009, 07:02 AM
ATS spindles on speed tech chassis, hopefully 2nd gen camaro chassis?

Twentyover
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
So is ATS closing down, or is Speed Tech licensing their fabricated designs and controlling the supply chain for the forgings?

MoparCar
11-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Does this include the Lateral Dynamics rear suspension since ATS was the latest rep for LD or will this be in competition with your torque arm? Or is LD completely dead?

Thanks, Wes

67bird
11-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Blake,
Are you guys going to support the Chicane-LM stuff or will it be phased out in favor of just ATS spindles? Also, any news on updates for your guys sub to fit a Pontiac engine?

killer69
11-05-2009, 03:49 AM
we aer going to be producing the parts and continuing the brand but the company will "probably" not exist going forward. we have a few things to finalize still.

the Lateral Dynamica rear , from what i understand is non existant, i have not talked to Mark as all and don't take this as an official answer by any means,

we will probably continue with the chicane products all tho we may change the control arms that come with it,

currently out sub will fit a pontiac engine with custom engine mounts, we have it on the list to build pontiac mounts but now with this that willl get pushed back, sorry

rchaskin
11-05-2009, 04:34 AM
What about the transmission swap stuff?
Will speedtech continue this as well?

???????
Randy

67bird
11-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Blake,
Good deal. You will be hearing from me in the future as I still need the Bilstein shocks for the conversion, as well us upper A-arms. Thx for picking up the line. I understand on the Pontiac thing. We have always been a niche crowd.

6'9"Witha69
11-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Blake, just a suggestion, but perhaps a formal list of all the stays and drops of the ATS line (name notwithstanding) should be posted to resolve the continous point by point questions.

jknight16
11-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Blake, just a suggestion, but perhaps a formal list of all the stays and drops of the ATS line (name notwithstanding) should be posted to resolve the continous point by point questions.

This is a good idea and I'm sure they'll do that in time. Look at it this way though Blake, at least you know there is still a high level of interest in the products of the acquired company. That's a good thing as it's not always the case in business.

nvmyss
11-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Wondered when it was going to be officially posted.
Congrats to Both Speed Tech & ATS!!

Spiffav8
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Blake....where are my spindles? Just kidding.

Congratulations. I was very happy to hear the news and wish I was there to celebrate with all of you.

Taylor1969
11-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Hmm... maybe I can get a transmission crossmember now!

ZZ427
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Any ideas where to get the ATS/ Lee box now ?

Damn True
11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Since Blake hasn't announced that they are up to speed I'd suggest SC&C.

Steve68
11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
How about the headers, any plans to fab the LSX stepped headers,

Steve68
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Blake, I think you forgot about this here thread, TTT

killer69
11-25-2009, 05:25 PM
OMG
i did totally forget about it.
sorry guys
ok we are definatly sorting things out..... slowly there is alot of stuff to go through and figure out.

we are officially telling people to give us till january before we start shipping spindles. we have some raw ones and need to put them together waiting on parts to show up venders to call us back and the usual delays, add to that that we have to figure all the assemblies out and enter everything in the computer....

so the other thing we have started doing is contacting everyone who had an order in the system to find out if it is still required or if they have received anything after that process we will be shipping the oldest orders first. i think youll agree this is the only fair way to go about this. then we will be shipping new orders. please dont hesitate to place an order in the mean time as some product will be shipping as soon as end of next week.

once again thank you for your support in the past and going forward, Tyler has done an Amazing Job inventing and producing some great products and we all need to remember that.

thanks and feel free to call us any time.
for now that is the update i will continue to keep you in the loop with the spindles progress.

mc84_zz4
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats to both finding a way to continue production of a fine product.
My piggy bank's life may be endangered.....

killer69
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
How about the headers, any plans to fab the LSX stepped headers,

we have not got that far, i still don't have the gigs for that part and have not given them much thought to be honest, i don't know how much demand there is for a 4000 set of headers, Tyler tells me the labour and material cost is WAY up ther so we will see perhaps on a special order basis.

93Polo
11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the purchase and good to see the future of the spindle secure

we have not got that far, i still don't have the gigs for that part and have not given them much thought to be honest, i don't know how much demand there is for a 4000 set of headers, Tyler tells me the labour and material cost is WAY up ther so we will see perhaps on a special order basis.

I would be interested in what makes the headers so expensive. I know they were all out and great quality. If the headers could be scaled down some, for comparison sake to what Kooks offers for the 4th gen f-bodies or LG and the C5 with a semi merge style collector and in stainless. The ATS looked to have a very expensive Burns style merge collector.

I know LG has run 3 versions of their C5 header with the first being a Burns style merge collector and all hand welded. The first version is no longer offered. The LG pro offers a less expensive merge collector with most of the benefilt of the originals for ~$1,500 with cats. Yes the market is most likely bigger for the C5 and I think LG has a deal worked with a major exhaust builder to make them.

Steve68
11-29-2009, 09:33 AM
What I know Tyler was building them on a as needed basis. I know the the labour intensive, but I;m interested, Frank was going to order me a set when I was ready. so just keep us in mind,

chicane67
11-29-2009, 12:16 PM
The ATS headers actually utilize SIX merge collectors in a complete set. That is one reason for the cost that gets over looked constantly.

Other contributing factors are how many custom bent tubes there are for the manufacturing of just one set of headers... not to mention... the material cost alone for stainless is well over $2000.00. The increase in cost of American tube steel hasnt slowed down in over eight years... and that doesnt help this situation. Nor will I even get into the labor aspects... as I have seen Russel stitch these together and it is somewhat time consuming... but very much worth every dime spent if you have the engine requirements to suit such a header.

Since this isnt a 'mass produced' - off the shelf - item... the cost brake down will easily show why this peticular header isnt cheap. Its not a "one size fits all" application... and these headers were not designed as a gap filler either.

killer69
11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
The ATS headers actually utilize SIX merge collectors in a complete set. That is one reason for the cost that gets over looked constantly.

Other contributing factors are how many custom bent tubes there are for the manufacturing of just one set of headers... not to mention... the material cost alone for stainless is well over $2000.00. The increase in cost of American tube steel hasnt slowed down in over eight years... and that doesnt help this situation. Nor will I even get into the labor aspects... as I have seen Russel stitch these together and it is somewhat time consuming... but very much worth every dime spent it you have the engine requirements to suit such a header.

Since this isnt a 'mass produced' - off the shelf - item... the cost brake down will easily show why this peticular header isnt cheap. Its not a "one size fits all" application... and these headers were not designed as a gap filler either.

there you go,
as of right now i don't even have a bill of materials to look at so it is a little hard to comment, perhaps we can do something with Stainless Works who currently build our headers and ome up with something but only if there is a good amount of interest!!!

dhutton
12-01-2009, 02:58 PM
What about some of the other parts? The oil pans, the coilover mounts, the T56 kits etc. Will you be continuing these parts or is the focus just going to be the AFX spindles?

killer69
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
we will definatly be continuing with those parts, ther are all still great parts, we are also going to add the coil mount brackets for the ls motors as we have some in stock rigth now these are a really nice part and we will add them to the site very sooon.
we are in the process of starting to build the LS dry sump pans and with in a couple months we will do a run of road race pans.
the cross members are going to be in production prior to christmas and we should really be able to start shipping stuff in early January,
we will also be adding new products....

Steve68
12-11-2009, 06:18 AM

Other contributing factors are how many custom bent tubes there are for the manufacturing of just one set of headers... not to mention... the material cost alone for stainless is well over $2000.00. The increase in cost of American tube steel hasnt slowed down in over eight years... and that doesnt help this situation. Nor will I even get into the labor aspects... as I have seen Russel stitch these together and it is somewhat time consuming... but very much worth every dime spent if you have the engine requirements to suit such a header.

Thanks Tom, once again you bring the tech and the knowledge!!