PDA

View Full Version : Clutch linkage problems

rockdogz
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I have a new TKO-600 in a '68 Camaro with big block. I was going to try and go on the first test run today, but found out the clutch wasn't disengaging enough when I tried to put it reverse - it clunked into gear immediately and died. So, I adjusted the threaded pushrod as far as I could, and when I pushed in the pedal, the threaded pushrod bent. I had another pushrod that was longer and would give me more adjustment so that the clutch fork could go in further, but then that one bent too!! The fork looks like it's getting very close to the firewall when it is pushed in, and to make matters worse I can't get the rubber dust boot on all the way so it's bunching up and probably limiting the range of movement of the fork. So now I have two bent pushrods.... is this common/any ideas?

Thanks,

streetk14
04-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Are you running the stock bellhousing, or a lakewood? If you have a lakewood, you should be running an adjustable pivot ball stud. If not, this could cause the fork to contact the floor and prevent the clutch from disengaging properly. Give us some more info on your setup.
-Andy

apex69
04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I know this may not help now, but, if in need of a new throw-out bearing at the time of installation, for my Lakewood set-up I used a tall throw-out bearing 57-64 Corvette spec.

rockdogz
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks - Andy you had it. The adjustable clutch fork pivot stud needed to be adjusted to move the clutch fork closer to the flywheel. 6 hours of work later to pull the trans, it's working!! Yay :banghead: