PDA

View Full Version : Urethane shackle bushings choices?

Skip Fix
10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
So what are you guys/gals with leaf springs using for shackle bushings? I know urethane binds ,doesn't flex(good and bad),and I have yet to find any that actually fit in the chassis and aren't too big! Rubber flexes good and bad. Del a lums don't bind but don't allow any flex at all.

Need some for mainly a drag car so roll isn't as much of an issue as a cornering carwith urethane already in the springs. Even O Reilly doesn't stock the rubbers(and how many second gen F bodies were made?). And as I said the Energy urethanes I have don't even fit unless I chuck them in a lathe!

JEFFTATE
10-21-2009, 06:23 PM
That's strange...
The Energy Suspension Urethanes don't fit ??
They usually make good stuff.
I used the Polygraphite ones on my '69.
They make noise ...
Probably bind too.
.....I want a 3-link.

If your car is primarily gonna' be street / occasional drag car , put the stock rubber back in.
Call Year One..
They have them..

Skip Fix
10-22-2009, 05:39 AM
This particular car I'm working on now is going to be strictly drag so roll isn't as big a deal on it. Cal Trac split leafs with aluminum in front and poly in the rear so I was thinking rubber in it on the uppers.

Since Global uses a spherical in the high end springs to allow roll what about their kit that has Del a lums in all three spots for roll?

Skip Fix
10-22-2009, 05:47 AM
This particular car I'm working on now is going to be strictly drag so roll isn't as big a deal on it. Cal Trac split leafs with aluminum in front and poly in the rear so I was thinking rubber in it on the uppers.

Since Global uses a spherical in the high end springs to allow roll what about their kit that has Del a lums in all three spots for roll-there would be almost none?