PDA

View Full Version : Solid bushings in rear frame rails?

Stu Seitz
08-24-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm alsmot done installing GW del-a-lum bushings in the rear of my 69 camaro. I got the bushings pressed into the leafs and I put one in the left framerail, now for my problem. I have got the right one in about 3/4 of the way and can not get it to move no matter what i do. I fabed up a kind of press, out of a bolt and a few washers but I can't get it to go in any futher for the life of me. I am on my second bolt now becasue of over torquing wtf! :seizure: Anyone else put solid bushings in and have any advice?

yody
08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
take it back out, check for anything strange in the frame hole, if there is a bur or like grind it down, if the hole is just plain too big, take a flexible brake hone and put it on a drill and hone the hole out a little, mine went in too easy, i had to drill a hole in the frame lip and through into the delalum bushing and tap a roll pin in to keep if from moving

JamesD
08-24-2004, 07:14 PM
the left one on mine went in real easy, with just 1/4" all thread and some nuts and washer. the right one was a real pain. the inside was a little rusted. i ended up having to use a 3/4" piece of all thread to get it in. it was real hard, but i managed to get it in.

Stu Seitz
08-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I checked before and during the install for "junk" and I got nothing, I pre-lubed the bushing and the inside of the hole. Is there such a thing and a hydrolic C clamp?

Sorry i'm just a little frustrated now

yody
08-24-2004, 07:37 PM
i think you should hone out the hole wiht a brake hone, they are like $12's at kragen and the shaft is flexible

mikesz
08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Be careful that you dont squish it, they deform easily. Also if you hone the frame out (which I also recomend) check frequenty so you dont go to big. I learned from experience on both. :pat:

mike

Ralph LoGrasso
08-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Yody,

Your signature pic is too large, 75x250 pixels is the maximum alottable size. Please resize it, we would appreciate it.