PDA

View Full Version : OK here is hoping for someone knowing,,,

MonzaRacer
10-17-2009, 11:50 PM
I have pretty much decided on using 17x10 or 17x11 wheels rear on my Caprice and 17x9.5 front.
Since I saw Jeff Schwartz 82 Caddy from 02 Real Street Eliminator in Car craft(actually just saw the article in depth recently) and I am trying to figure out backspace/offset.
So my first initial trial will be with the Corvette ZR1 silver rims if I cana find some in decent shape in my price range till new wheels can be saved for.

Question: Does anyone know what offsets he used, I asked but only got what he used for sway bars and shocks.

Question: What are the stock offsets are these wheels, apparently these are the sizes for 94-95 Corvette. I saw a set on here on guy was going to use but he sold them before I could get ahold of him.

Apogee
10-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't know what was used on the '82 Caddy you're referring to, but the factory sizes and offsets can be found here: http://www.joby.se/corvette/div/corvette_wheels/

Tobin
KORE3

MonzaRacer
10-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey Tobin found a sight that gave me all the offset/backspace. The ZR 1 wheels from 94-95 are 50mm and come in 17x8.5 17x9.5 and 17x11 36mm.
I am hoping I can make the 9.5 and 11s work on this car if you look at the Caddy over on Schwartz Performance web site under past projects the look of those HUGE tires/wheels give me ideas. the Caddy is super clean and I hope my Caprice will be 1/10th as nice.