PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Texas!

BOSS
10-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Howdy from Texas! I recently purchased a 1965 Olds Jetstar88 to build and joined PT.com in the hopes of learning from you guys! Great site!

BOSS

derekf
10-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the site, "-BOSS-".

Got pics of your Olds, and a name? We really like both.

What part of Texas are you from?

The Stickman
10-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Cool to see another Olds on the site. What are your plans for it and yes Pics are always appreciated. Maybe you can start a build thread for it.

BOSS
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks! Here's the Olds attached as it is today out in the yard...I paid $800 for it and it was running 4 years ago. Passenger side is the worst, no body issues on the other side...very minimal rust if any.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6365

My inspiration came from Clay's sick ass Jetstar88 on this site who is a sponsor I believe. I had a phone call with him a few weeks back to chat about what he did. There are many many camaros, novas, etc....you just don't see this 65 Olds 88 anywhere! I had no idea what it even was when I saw it! Since I'm BRAND NEW to all this resto stuff I've got alot to learn along the way :)

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6366

I intend on doing frame off and something very similar to Clay's so I attached a mock up of his with my wheels I'm going to put on...the major differences will be that I will be going with upgraded drivetrain, 4link rearend, some upgraded interior ..basically going for around 700hp with a blown LS3 engine from Mast. I haven't done enough research to know if it will be 100% feasible but that is my target engine. I may ease on the power but I really wanted a beast hidden underneath..

And for the name...since almost my entire car will be jet black:
-body/frame
-wheels (with chrome lip perhaps)
-engine
-supercharger
-carpet/headliner
-blood red late model bucket seats

.....we dubbed it the "Sinister 88".

I can't wait to put that as an emblem on the ass of this car :)

BOSS

gearheads78
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the site from another TX guy with an Olds. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

If you are in the DFW area by any chance the big Oldsmobile only zone show will be at the hotel across the street form texas Motor Speedway. Might be a good place to network for parts.

BOSS
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the site from another TX guy with an Olds. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

If you are in the DFW area by any chance the big Oldsmobile only zone show will be at the hotel across the street form texas Motor Speedway. Might be a good place to network for parts.

Thanks for the welcome and the tip man!

B O S S

montessaj
10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Welcome from another Texas guy. I didn't see where your from in Texas. Looks like Central. Awesome looking Olds BOSS.

1971CHEVELLE
10-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the site

rockytopper
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome from yet another Texan LS powered olds guy.

Ralph LoGrasso
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Welcome to Pro-Touring.com, Boss.

mc84_zz4
10-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the site, nice ride, has a ton of coolness potential.