PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from PA with a passion for AMC cars!

JavelinMan
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. New to this forum, and frankly, the Pro Touring style. Just got tired of the bolt on 5.0 fox body scene and got my first car back from my Dad. Its a 1972 AMC Javelin and has been sitting about 15 years. Currently it sports its original 232 ci straight six and three speed trans. The plans for it include an AMC V8, regardless of size, a T5 trans and a 9" rear. I'd like to see it sitting on 17" or 18" rims with 315's out back and some 245's up front. Looking to upgrade the braking system with four wheel discs and upgrade the suspension with newer poly bushings. Its gonna be tough because its not a GM or a Ford. Parts will be tough to come by. Its going to take some engineering.... to say the least.

I'm in eastern PA, about an hour north of Philly. Looking for good project ideas, AMC fans and just good ole fashion garage talk.

Thanks,

Jason

1971CHEVELLE
10-14-2009, 03:13 PM
welcome to the site

The Stickman
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forum from the Lehigh Valley. Kinda cool having someone so close. Personally I would keep the 6 and turbocharge it. But hey I'm wacky that way.

cmarcus
10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Great to have you on board! I currently have a 1974 Jav waiting for some attention (I moved to Boston, and it is in storage in Michigan!) It was handed down to me from a family friend, a southern car in great project condition. It currently has a 304, previous owner had put new headers on it, but that was about it. I was considering swapping for a 401, but I still don't know. Keep us posted on your progess. Mine might be a little while! But I could use the inspiration!

twosaturns
10-19-2009, 05:20 AM
hey, stickman beat me to the PA welcome, but hi from Easton! AMCs are cool, yes it will require some creativity, but it should be easier these days than it used to be. so many of the GM cars on here even have nothing GM specific; a lot is fabricated. if you can weld, you can do anything (no, I can't weld :(

Ralph LoGrasso
10-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the site, Jason.