PDA

View Full Version : Vintage air frontrunner price and/or opinions

kochevy67
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Well I am at that point in my build that I think I may have to buy a front drive asssembly for my LS2. The motor is out of a 06 GTO. It obviously has all the factory brackets, but I want to install Vintage Air in it. I called them and they told me I cannot run the factory compressor and that I need their compressor, which I understand. My other problem is that I installed a rack and pinion on the car and am having clearance issues with the alternator and bracket. I need to move the alternator up higher due to it hitting the steering shaft. So what do I do, do I spend the money on the front runner setup or try and go a differnet route. By the way I don't want steel brakets either, I would like it to look nice. However I really do not want to spend all that money but if I have to I was wondering where the best deal may be obtained. I prefer to buy from a sponsor of this site.

lsxfirstgen
10-14-2009, 01:39 PM
here is an option. try the kwik performance bracket for the ac compressor. it puts it on the upper passenger side. its also aluminum

ProdigyCustoms
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Cheapest way would be to run F Body alt and PS brackets on the driver side of the motor and run the Kwik Performance high mount alternator bracket on the passenger side.

The best deal on a aftermarket set up would be a Wegner set up through us. $2000 complete is a few hundred cheaper then anything else, and this system is designed for RPMs well past anything you will see.

Here is a pic of the one we used on the Bull Run Racer

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

kochevy67
10-14-2009, 03:32 PM
That setup won't work, the p.s. pump would interfere with the rack and pinion. I think I found a trutrac setup from Billet Specialties that I am going to use. Not sure yet though.

ProdigyCustoms
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
That setup won't work, the p.s. pump would interfere with the rack and pinion. I think I found a trutrac setup from Billet Specialties that I am going to use. Not sure yet though.

We have Billet Specialties also. But on the set up in the picture we have the PS pump in the low location, we also have a high PS pump location almost 2" higher on the same system.

Either way we got ya covered. For front drives we have Billet Specialties, March Performance, Vintage Air and Wegner.