PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good DFI tuner in the DFW area.

35spline
10-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Looking for a good DFI tuner in the Dallas Ft Worth area.

gearheads78
10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
PM GKring. (Greg Kring) he is local and great with wireing and custom EFI stuff.

If you don't here back from him PM me and I will dig up a phone number. He does not post here a lot.

gkring
10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
email sent. Thanks, Richard.
I've worked with Haltech, DFI, FAST, Bigstuff, XFI, etc. I don't do it for a living, but maybe I can help you out way cheaper depending on what you need.

35spline
10-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Greg,
I started the engine last night on a base program supplied by the vendor who sold me the Accel DFI. It idles pretty good but rich. I have found the Accel tuning instructions confusing and of little help. I really think that if the instructions were better I could pull this off on my own. For now I could use some coaching on the basic EFI tuning principles relative to this Accel DFI software. Later on I would like to invest in some dyno time to perfect the tune. Please PM or e-mail to discuss further.
Martin

Jim Nilsen
10-14-2009, 08:00 AM
I too have the same story you do. It is taking me a bit to learn how to work each screen and make changes.

The TPS settings make a big difference on the idle I found. As soon as I readjusted the low and high point settings after changing a few other things my idle stayed and the car kept running on it's own.

Finding a good tuner is going to be fun. It seems that they don't get enough business to really get the experience they need to do a better job with the Accel stuff.

It has to get easier,don't ya think?