PDA

View Full Version : '67 camaro suspension set-up

67kato
04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on the Hotchkis Suspension set-up for a '67 camaro. I see they offer a front and rear kit as a package deal. My car is coming out of a total restoration spanning several years (sitting and waiting) but NOS is not as much fun as PT. As a result I am looking into beefing up the suspension, brakes and wheels without getting too crazy.....yet. Mini tubs are probably out at least on this car.

My other '67 started out as Pro-street and now it waits for completion (narrowed 9" rear, full frame, Morrison cage, home-grown front suspension, relieved firewall....in short another money pit). I'll shot some pics of it when I can.

Please help. I need to actually drive one of these cars this year.

KATO

67cam406
04-08-2005, 05:01 AM
67Kato,
I have Heard from alot of People on here that They Like The Hotchkis System.
I myself, Am working on My 67, and I have purchased the Hotchkis front and back springs. And Will be getting the Front Swaybar Also.
Nothing has been installed yet. I was told by several people a rear swaybar is not need in our cars. But Some have installed them due to the Look.
So what are you plans for your car. I was wanting to run 17's, But I think I may have changed My mind to 18's. I would like to see some pics of 67's w/ 18's
I would like to see more 67's setup.
I will post pics as soon as I buy my sway bar and shocks.
i am buying all the parts and stockpiling until I am ready to install them.

Good Luck
Kevin

67kato
04-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I am thinking about 18's as well. I want to do the homework before breaking out the wallet. Mini-tubs are intriguing but the bottom of this car is already finish painted and I can't see going backwards unless I really have to. I am looking into the g-mod stuff but wondering if a cruiser is really going to notice the difference. I don't want to bang gears and autocross 24/7. I previously posted some as-is pics of my ride and I have a lot more to go.

The only good thing about taking out the brand new NOS suspension in this car is that I have an unrestored '67 convertible that will be receiving it.

Stay in touch.

Kato