PDA

View Full Version : Airride/varishock help--what sort of lube to use on DA shock knobs?

formula
10-10-2009, 08:58 PM
So I'm trying to figure out how to lube up my knob.

Wait....That's...that's all wrong.

Let's try this again.

The adjustment knobs on my ridetech/air ride technologies/i think varishocks are really, really, really incredibly difficult to turn, to the point that I have to pretty much pull off my front wheels to get enough leverage on them to turn them.

Has anybody else run into this? Any body figured out a way to grease or lubricate them to make them work more smoothly?

MonzaRacer
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
pm darren@ridetech he can help ya

bret
10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
They should not need any lubrication...something is wrong...send them back. We'll inspect, fix, and get them shipped back
the same day that we get them.
Darren [[email protected]] or Jeremy [[email protected]] at our shop are the most effecient at getting this done. BTW...direct email or a phone call is MUCH more reliable than a PM.

JRouche
10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
They should not need any lubrication...something is wrong...send them back. We'll inspect, fix, and get them shipped back
the same day that we get them.
Darren [[email protected]] or Jeremy [[email protected]] at our shop are the most effecient at getting this done. BTW...direct email or a phone call is MUCH more reliable than a PM.

And there you go. Cant even ask for better product support than that. You have the pres. of the company getting in here and offering support. Im flabbergasted!!! :) Is that a word LOL

Hard to imagine that you could get that type of support these days. Ummm, speaks mountains for what the company is all about and their standpoint.

And I have personally experienced similar customer support on the phone from Air Ride Technologies. Yeah, you might get that kind of service from a one man shop, dealer or manufacture. But to get it from a company that employs many folks, kinda unheard of. Pay attention folks. This is how to do business.

Is it time consuming, difficult?? YES!! Can it be done. YES. Does it promote a better customer base? YES!!

Keep up the philosophy. It works.

Yeah, Im am a satisfied customer, does it show??? If not Ill go on and on. Just like they do. They keep going on and on. Dealing with the sometimes (more often than not) needy customer.. Again, ART support has to be one of the better that I have dealt with. Not to stray but SPC is right there. They must work on the same idea. Help the customer out, spend some time.

Every problem has a solution. And ART is advancing all the time, they dont just sit on a product that works. They are always looking at a means to improve the product line. I see great things in the future guys. Keep up the good work. JR

MonzaRacer
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
No doubt. Way to go Bret. since he simply posted someting I figured a PM to someone would suffice, next time Ill try to direct them to you guys specifically.

formula
10-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I knew customer service was great with airride, but I figured for something so small i'd look around myself before I just added to their pile of stuff to do!

Bret has always been a wonderful guy, he personally is the reason every suspension component on my car (except subframe connectors) is an air ride piece. I met him in columbia, SC a few years ago on the power tour, not long after they'd finished their 2nd gen camaro--I told him I was interested in adding it to my 'bird, and he was kind enough to take me out in the car and rip up the town for a few minutes. After that ride, I knew for sure that that was the route I wanted to go with the car--and I'm still glad years later that I did.

67greengt
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Appologies for the thread hi jack... but does anyone have an e3 ecu wiring diagram? We just got our airbags back from air ride with the internal sensors installed an upgraded to the e3 system at the same time. We have all the new wiring harnesses for the e3 just no wiring diagrams or instructions came with the kit???

Thanks

Tom

darren@ridetech
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
shoot me an email. [email protected]

67greengt
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Darren: Thanks... Tony actually just sent my dad the e3 diagram and instructions and informs us that you're hoping to get my order (complete street challenge e3 with internal sensors kit for my 67 mustang, less air bar (I already have the air bar just need the rear shockwaves) out maybe this week? Depending on the airpod harnesses?