PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For a Friend...

ryans67deuce
04-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I have a buddy building a '66 Shelby Clone, and is getting ready to put in a power rack-n-pinion kit. He bought an RRS Power Kit thru NPD and paid over $2k for it... I went to the Steeriods website, and they sell their kit for $1150.

Does anyone have experience with either of these kits?? Can anyone tell me if the RRS product is that much better, or should he send it back and save a grand with the Steeriods kit???

Or - is there a Mustang message board I could go to and get info??

Ryan

Ralph LoGrasso
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Ryan,

I'm not sure about Mustangs, but the steeroids kits are notorious for bumpsteer on first gen F-bodies.

ryans67deuce
04-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the reply Ralph. I called and talked to them about it today and they claimed it was the only kit on the market that allowed you to adjust tie rod ends to eliminate bumpsteer. Hopefully somebody can help him out with more info.....

Ryan

zbugger
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't know about that kit that your friend got, but this one looks decent.

http://www.uniqueperformanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?ItemID=30

It's made for mustangs. I'm really just interested in seeing how some of the things from this company work anyway.

bnickel
04-10-2005, 08:58 AM
i think the RRS kit is much better than the steeroids kit, i'm not a big fan of the steeroids kit, it looks like a decent kit but for the same money i'd go with a kit from www.randallsrack.com however the RRS kit may be better than that one as well.