PDA

View Full Version : My Camaro is finally getting out of jail!

silver68
10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, I have been wanting to post for so long, but haven't due to my car still being at the body shop. Well, it's almost home and I have some pictures to share! It's a 68 Camaro restocustomodification. I had a couple of the areas reworked the way I wanted, even though the body and paint guy was saying..." I don't think that will look good, you should do it like this..." I stuck to my guns and did'nt listen to the body guy, and I am very happy that everything I wanted done on the car worked out (I feel). Let me know what you think!

Tyson A
10-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks good can't wait to see it out of the shop

blainemeyer
10-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Realy like the way the stripe way carried throught the dash..

meenaggie
10-05-2009, 03:09 AM
When you get it home I would like to see more of the rear spoiler and tailpan. Are those C5 rear lights? Looks like a great project.

John Wright
10-05-2009, 03:11 AM
mmmmm, I love the smell of fresh paint in the morning. Looks good!

silver68
10-05-2009, 10:48 PM
When you get it home I would like to see more of the rear spoiler and tailpan. Are those C5 rear lights? Looks like a great project.

---The lights are ZR1 lights. They come off of Camaros from around 91-95, I believe. I was thinking of using C5 lights, but they are too round for the body of the car, and they are huge on the back of a first gen. They just would'nt look right. I chose the Zr1 lights, because they are basically rounded off rectangles. I have never liked the stock lights on 67 & 68's, so I figured that as long as I went with something a little boxy, it would'nt look too out of place. They actually came out better than I thought they would.

Rhino
10-06-2009, 04:31 AM
---The lights are ZR1 lights. They come off of Camaros from around 91-95, I believe.

I'm assuming you meant to say they're from Corvettes. I think you're right about the time frame. Around 91-96.

classiccardude69
10-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Dang thats cool! I bet your excited... cause I'm excited for you haha

Charles
10-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, I have been wanting to post for so long, but haven't due to my car still being at the body shop. Well, it's almost home and I have some pictures to share! It's a 68 Camaro restocustomodification. I had a couple of the areas reworked the way I wanted, even though the body and paint guy was saying..." I don't think that will look good, you should do it like this..." I stuck to my guns and did'nt listen to the body guy, and I am very happy that everything I wanted done on the car worked out (I feel). Let me know what you think!

Hey bud, my first thread reply on this site but I have to say I really like your tail light modification, I have a 67 Camaro and I also did a couple of custom mods on my build. I also didnt like the original tail light so I used the 69 tail lights instead, shaved the entire car and modified the drip rail with brake lines to make it round. I also installed a billet grille in the bottom valance and a lot more. Cant wait to see your interior ideas, keep on building man, its lookin good.

dropit69
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
i like the scheme..ill wait till the lights are installed to see if i like them but loving the stripes..great job !!

ROEINONDUBS
10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
thats real nice i wanted to do the c5 lights in mine but didnt know if it decreased the value. it should be a great looking car when all together.