PDA

View Full Version : Old new guy from washington with pictures!

silver68
10-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey guys, I have been around this forum for a long time, but never introduced myself because I didn't feel worthy enough to post. My car is finally getting out of the body shop and I finally feel worthy of posting something on this forum. My name is Abel, am 31 years old, married with children, and have lived in washington for about 12 years. I am a former Marine, and have way too many hobbies according to my wife. I am doing a resto mod customization on my 68 Camaro. I am happy to be doing the resto "my way" and being that I'm doing it my way, there are a couple of things on the car that did not come stock. I know some people will like it and some won't, but it's ok because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Well I hope I can figure out how to upload the pictures being that I am not too computer savvy. Feel free to let me know what you guys think.

1971CHEVELLE
10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
welcome very nice car

Twentyover
10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Welcome. You'll find we like servicemen and former servicemen.

Go ahead and start a thread in the projects, post as you can. You'll find this is pretty much a fun group.

Turbo Rob
10-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks nice. What are you going to use for rear signals/brake lights?

Rob

496ChevelleSS
10-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Looks really nice! I like how you carried the stripe inside and across your dash, really cool :twothumbs.

Gallyrat
10-03-2009, 08:30 PM
New old guy here in Washington.. Are you doing the bodywork? Looking good.

Semper Fi
Mark

Hellky
10-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Looks sharp! Welcome from the north!

silver68
10-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Looks nice. What are you going to use for rear signals/brake lights?

Rob

For the signal lights, I will use the brake lights. The lights are from a zr1 Corvette and also work as signal lights. For a backup light, I was thinking of mounting some back up lights from a 65 mustang. I would have to sand them and paint them body color so they would not stand out. Being that the painting is done, I think I will mount some round driving lights underneath the rear and have them actuate (swing) out at the press of a button. We'll have to see what I end up with.

19sixtynine
10-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Welcome, from another Washingtonian. I really like the way you carried the stripe onto the dash as well and can't wait to see what that taillight panel looks like finished, it's looking really good so far!

Topless69
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
welcome. I love the stripe going through the dash very sweet idea.