PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau Sport seats

studehdtp53
08-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I am thinking about buying a set of Corbeau Sport seats for my 69 Camaro. Any one have any experience with these? Comments ?
Thanks

mdprovee
08-25-2004, 06:55 AM
I have not had any experience but wanted to make sure you saw they are trying to get a group purchase on those seats. Check group purchases.

Mike

John McIntire
08-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I have the Targa RS in my car, fit great and are comfortable. Got the brackets with the seats and they bolted right up.
John

rockdogz
09-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Make sure you talk to Jim at motorsportseats.com when you're ready to buy!

TurboLark
09-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Anyone in the range of 300lbs and 6'2" sit in these? Are they comfortable?

awr68
09-06-2004, 09:24 AM
The Corbeaus tend to be on the thinner side, but they do offer a wide version...your best bet is to talk to Jim at http://www.motorsportseats.com/ he himself is a big guy and has first hand knowledge of what would work for you. Also he sells many other brands that may be a better fit. I know he is using the Corbeau Legacy (http://www.motorsportseats.com/corbeau/legacy.html) right now and is VERY pleased with them.

Andrew B. has the wide version of the CR1s in his GTO and loves them...even though he is over 6 foot and med-large build....

Hope this helps....

CarlC
09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Just a suggestion....

Before buying, try and find a way to sit in the seat. Some might not fit you body shape well. For example, I was set on Corbeaus due to color/style but they just did not feel right. Sparcos fit me much better.

gc427
09-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Does anybody have pics of Corbeau seats installed in their car? Please post if you do. I would like to get a pair of Legacys in black but have not seen them installed in a 67-69 Camaro. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
George

rockdogz
09-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Trial fit. Does this count? :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

gc427
09-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the pic rockdogz! The seats look great and I am going to order them this week. Your restoration album is very well set up. The car you are "restoring" is looking killer, can't wait to see it finished and running around socal. Thanks again and good luck with your project.

George

awr68
09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
George are you ordering them from Motorsportseats.com (the GP)?? I think you will like the Legacys a lot...I've only heard good things about them!! :)

gc427
09-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey Anthony, yes I am ordering them from Motorsport Seats as part of the GP. I am hoping to get them ordered this week. I also think the Legacy looks just fine, sporty looking, supportive, and very comfortable.
Thanks for your help, George.

ILLEGAL69
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Has anyone tried the summit brand seats? They look good, and the price loock even better.

awr68
09-15-2004, 04:15 PM
I was thinking of buying them but found out just in time that they don't have the tilt forward feature to access the rear seat...that's a must for me.

You will find that most to all the more affordable seats will be lacking one way or another...and they tend to be a little on the extra firm side too.

cakneller
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I have the corbeau Targa RS seats in the regular size. I'm 6'4" 210lbs. and the seats fit well, a little on the tight side. Overall, though I think the padding is a little too firm.
I've had FloFit and Recaros and they felt better. But, for the price I'm happy with the seats. The passenger side bracket I got from them had to be modified to fit. I'm still not sure why. The mounting holes in my car left to right are offset and the bracket was not.
It was easier and faster for me to fix it myself.

Also, I'm using the corbeau 3 point retractable belts and am happy with them. I used the stock mounting holes for the front and mounted the retracter to the rear belt mount between the bottom and back of the rear seat.

Zee
10-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I have a set of GTS II's. I'm about 205 and have a 34" waist. The standard GTS's are a tight fit on me. If I had it to do over, I would have ordered the 2" wider version. however I see it as motivation to lose weight at this point.

The brackets and slider assembly place the seat too high in my 71 Formula. Not a huge problem for me since I'm not all of 5'9" and wear a short dew. Tall guys with mullets might have a problem.

In Barrington IL, Northstar motors has most of the Recaro, Sparco and Corbeau lines on display. The Recaros sat the best. I didn't care for the styling on Sparco's seats. Recaros would have cost me about $250 more and my budget was already stretched so.... I have the Corbeaus. Overall good seat but they are not as nice as the Recaros.

pushrod243
10-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried the summit brand seats? They look good, and the price loock even better.

I have them in my car they are cheap but they arent very comfortable. But i get all kinds of comments about how good they look. wooohooo :banghead:

sporter
10-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I have the Corbeau TRS seats in black leather mounted in my '67 Firebird convertible. The seats are comfortable but a bit firm. Be careful with the seat brackets, I had to go through 3 sets before I received a set that fit properly. The brackets also put the seats a little higher than the stock seats.