PDA

View Full Version : 67' GTO rear suspension

Nicks67GTO
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Im starting in on my 67' GTO project this fall. Im looking at installing parts that can be removed and put the stock pieces back in place. In the back ive decided to go with a Ford 9" and some rear discs but im having trouble figureing out what i should do with the suspension. Theres alot of options out there and prices really vary. This will basically be a 95% street car with a little bit of 1/4 mile time but nothing more than a test and tune good time. My question is....

If you were going with a budget pro touring suspension in the back of your A-Body what rear suspension package would you go with? Im thinking about going with some CPP stuff
http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/2006/NewFiles/Rear_Trailing_Arms.htm

Is there any down side to going with CPP for a street car? They seem to be very reasonably priced and have been around a long time. I am a suspension rookie but this seems to be a really good bang for the buck. What do you guys think?

Bryce
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
the only downside i see is the sway bar. Mounting the sway bar to the lower control arms was the factories cheap way of control body roll. If possible look for a sway bar the mounts to the frame and has end links that mount to the rear end. but the control arms look good.

gearheads78
10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
I would do what I did again. Call Marcus at SC&C, listen , give credit card number.

BMR Tech
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Im starting in on my 67' GTO project this fall. Im looking at installing parts that can be removed and put the stock pieces back in place. In the back ive decided to go with a Ford 9" and some rear discs but im having trouble figureing out what i should do with the suspension. Theres alot of options out there and prices really vary. This will basically be a 95% street car with a little bit of 1/4 mile time but nothing more than a test and tune good time. My question is....

If you were going with a budget pro touring suspension in the back of your A-Body what rear suspension package would you go with? Im thinking about going with some CPP stuff
http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/2006/NewFiles/Rear_Trailing_Arms.htm

Is there any down side to going with CPP for a street car? They seem to be very reasonably priced and have been around a long time. I am a suspension rookie but this seems to be a really good bang for the buck. What do you guys think?

As an alternative, we have all of the components listed in the above kit however some of the differences may be of interest in making your decision. Our lower control arms are a stronger, boxed design (1.5" x 3") with welded swaybar mounts through the control arm making a more rigid platform then a plate style mount. Additionally, if you prefer an adjustable upper control arm, our uppers have the beefiest adjuster in the industry (1-1/8" diameter). Below are the part numbers needed for your specific application and a link to the website if you are interested in checking out some pictures.

BCA005 - Boxed lower control arms - $179.95
UTCA005 - Adjustable upper control arms - $179.95
SB009 - 1" solid rear swaybar - $149.95
Total - $509.85

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/A-Body.htm