PDA

View Full Version : AGR steering box install issues on a nova

B's Nova
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I started the upgrades on the 73 nova and I ran into an issue with installing my AGR steering box. With it attached to the intermediate shaft coming out of the steering column I cannot get the bolt holes to line up as it puts the steering box too far forward and cause it make contact with the cross member. Has anyone had this issue installing the AGR steering box on their nova or camaro? Any help would greatly appreciated.

B's Nova
09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I was able to get the steering box on when I got home this evening. I thought I had the steering lines tied up high enough to not get in the way, but it was not so the front end of the steering box was making contact with the hard line. Once I tried them again I was good to go. This would have been easier with another pair of hands as I was not aware I was making contact with the lines under the car as I more worried about steering box slipping out of my hands and hitting me in the face or chest. Anyway it is installed now so I can proceed with getting the rest of the steering and suspension pieces under the car.