PDA

View Full Version : stand and be counted whos going to good guys this weekend in Texas?

rockytopper
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
So which of you top dog PT folks are going to be there tearing up the autocross this weekend? I need to decide if it's worth the 17$ charge to attend.

gearheads78
09-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Roll call...anyone else from here going to be there?

bret
09-29-2009, 06:24 AM
We will be there with Velocity and our 66 Chevelle running the autocross. We will also have our full display there with the new e3 LevelPro system installed on a working chassis if anyone wants to try that out.
Come over to the autocross and get a ride!

bret
09-29-2009, 06:25 AM
We'll be there with Velocity and our 66 Chevelle. Come out and get a ride!

rockytopper
09-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Don't steal all the glory Richard I already started this thread yesterday.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60586

Guess you got have 2500$ + wheels for anyone to respond to your thread on this forum.

derekf
09-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Not going, have to study, which is a bummer all around.

Oh - and I don't have 2500$ wheels.

gearheads78
09-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't steal all the glory Richard I already started this thread yesterday.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60586

Guess you got have 2500$ + wheels for anyone to respond to your thread on this forum.

LOL and I even did a search to make sure no one had posted. I used Goodguys and not good guys so yours didn't pull up.

It was nice meeting you last weekend. I hope you can get your car right back on the road.

As for wheels I don't have anywhere near that in mine so there must be some other reason. :enguard:

gearheads78
09-29-2009, 07:59 AM
We'll be there with Velocity and our 66 Chevelle. Come out and get a ride!

I hope you are bringing extra cones. I have never been on a track that was not straight line unless you count the gocarts at Speed Zone. :)

rockytopper
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
I was just funning Richard. It was nice meeting you also. I dropped your rear end off at the shop this morning I hope this finally fixes the vib problem. Your car looks awesome in person. I wish I would have had a chance to go for a ride in it. You were kinda down playing the power of that 330 but I bet it moves out pretty good with that trans you have behind it. Altough my cutlass now has the ls1 in it the old original 330 felt just about as strong when you hit passing gear as the ls1 does. It just wouldn't get out of the hole with the 2 speed and highway gears. What day or days are you planning to attend? If I can get my car out of the shop this week I might go out on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

gearheads78
09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
I was just funning Richard. It was nice meeting you also. I dropped your rear end off at the shop this morning I hope this finally fixes the vib problem. Your car looks awesome in person. I wish I would have had a chance to go for a ride in it. You were kinda down playing the power of that 330 but I bet it moves out pretty good with that trans you have behind it. Altough my cutlass now has the ls1 in it the old original 330 felt just about as strong when you hit passing gear as the ls1 does. It just wouldn't get out of the hole with the 2 speed and highway gears. What day or days are you planning to attend? If I can get my car out of the shop this week I might go out on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

It runs OK its just that I am used to the last several cars I have built for me and others were all 10-11 sec street cars with a high 9 sec street truck thrown in the mix the 330 feels like a turd. I did find a Q-jet issuse the car has had since I have owned it. It turns out the secondary air valve spring was not hooked to the rod. No wonder no matter how I adjusted it the bog would not go away. After rebuilding the carb sunday night I went for a ride. Its still a turd but now its a boggless turd. :)

I plan to be there all 3 days

rockytopper
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Richard I just got off the phone with the drive line shop they told me that the ring and pinion gear set from the rearend you sold me is cherry. They also told me they looked closer and found that my existing pinion is cracked. Wish they would have look the first time I sent it in there 8 weeks ago when I told them to check it base on how bent the yoke was. This is great news maybe my vib problem will be fixed at last. You better hope that autocross don't have too many straight sections or I might just be running that turd power plant down in my 65 this weekend. Skinny tires and all.:)
Thanks again
Rocky

GrabberGT
09-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Oddly enough, I live 4 miles from Texas Motor Speedway and will be Road Tripping this Saturday morning to "Cruisin' the Coast" in Biloxi. It'll definitely make the schedule next year though.

Have fun and take lots of pics.

USAZR1
09-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I only live about 90 miles from the track. My fiance and I will be there,Friday.
My Boss 338 wheels are back-ordered so I'm going to look at some other wheel alternatives.

slck6t9
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I will be there Sat and Sun. with my car.

rockytopper
09-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Looks like we can parade around the tms track from 5-8 pm.

gearheads78
09-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Looks like we can parade around the tms track from 5-8 pm.
Yup one of the really cool things about this show. You are on there long enough for about 7-8 laps

Boyd
09-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I will be there either Friday or Sunday - wearing my PT.com t-shirt.

Bret - would love to ride in either (or both!) cars, will definitely check it out.

bret
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I will be there either Friday or Sunday - wearing my PT.com t-shirt.

Bret - would love to ride in either (or both!) cars, will definitely check it out.

If you come out and take a ride I'll make sure you go home with a new RideTech shirt!

1offwizard
10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Anybody have pics? Thanks!

gearheads78
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Anybody have pics? Thanks!

X2 I would really like to know if there are any action shots of my car anywhere??!!