PDA

View Full Version : Cal Trac Split leafs on a PT car?

Skip Fix
09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Anyone running Cal Trac split leafs without Cal Trac bars on a PT/handling car?

silver69camaro
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not, but I'd look real hard into the lateral stability of those springs before I purchased them.

Skip Fix
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
This is on a drag car but I was just wondering if they could go cornering. Don't look any looser than any multi leaf as far as twisting.Pretty stiff and lighter weight by 5lbs from factory 5 leaf.

Another question the perches on my axle have a .660 hole. Almost all the springs I have seen have about a .500 bolt head,so the axle could be bolted in at an angle. See any issue making a sleeve to take up the slack so it gets centered correctly in the car.

smhigh
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Give Travis a call at CalTracs and talk to him.

http://calvertracing.com/index.php

I'm using them on my 68 Camaro but haven't gone any further than around the block so far.

Originally the car was going to be for drag racing and then I happened upon Pro Touring and ......... well you know what happens to a project as you read the forum.

silver69camaro
09-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Don't look any looser than any multi leaf as far as twisting.

We're talking about the split mono leafs, right?

Edit: After looking at a photo of the Camaro leafs on their website, I'd say they have no place for a car prepped for handling. The split design appears to have much less lateral stiffness than I thought.