PDA

View Full Version : Outer wheelhouse replacement with mini tubs

steelerguy
09-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Question for you guys with DSE minitubs...did you also replace the outer wheelhouses? My rear quarters are being replaced and I am having minitubs put in. Does it just make sense to replace the outer wheelhouses after 40 years or rocks and crap being flung up into them? Don't want to add a bunch of labor to the cost, but if it is easy considering the other work being done it may just make sense to do it.

Riderz Cycle
09-25-2009, 11:33 AM
If you are installing the mini tubs and new quarters and the outers are in good shape then you don't have to replace them. With that said if you do replace them depending on what outers you get they take a little buff and dolly to get them to fit correct so you might have a little time but I think in the end it is worth it to replace it all if you are cutting all out anyways...I would talk to the shop doing the work you my find it is easier for the shop to replace it all as well again not adding to your labor cost.

68topls
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
If your replacing quarters and having mini tubs put in I can't imagine the shop charging you alot for the installation of the wheelhouses. It's not that many additional hours. My estimate from a shop was an additional 6 hours extra plus the cost of the wheel houses.