PDA

View Full Version : Turbo's on GM SB??

BuddyP
04-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey guys, new here. Have some mild turbo experience in the past but pretty limited so I kinda want to start from scratch here.

What is all available for SB turbo systems? I'm aware of the Banks twin setup, is there any single turbo setup's for SB motors? What's a basic rundown about what is involved with a single turbo? Fuel injection systems... do you need them or do these feed into carbs? Kit prices?? What all is needed to be upgraded in a motor for using these or can you buy crate motors pretty much setup with the right componants to run a turbo on mild boost?

Thanks
Buddy P

ProTeal55
04-05-2005, 07:23 AM
If you plan on running a turbo-setup in your car , do yourself a favor and do some hardcore research first , before you buy anything.

Everything from the weight of your car , the horsepower you want to make , impeller size , and a host of other things all go into making a turbo setup work to the best it can.

If i were you , I would go find a good import shop , that deals with turbo cars on a daily basis , and get some info from them about application. Just cause it is a import shop , dont think that can't do a sick install on a American V8 !!!

WELTERRACER
04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
What kind of car are you looking to put it in?

Travis B
04-06-2005, 11:19 AM
How much power do you want to make? what kind of fuel are you wanting to run?