PDA

View Full Version : RTTH V: Do you want a DVD of the event??

KEISLER
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Folks,

At dinner Sat night, Bill Howell suggested that Keisler look at putting together a video DVD of the event. We shot 2 days of video, with 2 Pro Sony HD cameras, and got a lot of video, but not all of the runs. However, I *think* every car in the autocross and Dragon event was video taped at least once. Any gaps would be in the 2nd group, first 10 cars or so.

So the question is, do you the participants want a compiled video of Friday and Saturday's events? If the answer is YES, then we need to determine what we want in it. I will suggest this:

FRIDAY
Dragon:
Keisler has HD video of ALL the Dragon Run cars coming through the Killboy.com curve. 2 cameras, one at pavement level with 30ft of seperation on the stereo mics for great sound.

Dinner:
Keisler has HD video of the shop tour (my group) with mic'd sound, and ALL of the cars at the Dinner/Open House.

SAT:
- Keisler has HD video of most or all of the cars, at least 1 pair of laps.
- Keisler has HD video of the Top 5 shootout, the awards ceremony, and the several exhibition passes made at the very end of the show, finishing up with the Bill's car then the Kuda

SUN:
rainout - no video

Here's what Keisler needs, at a minimum:
- Autocross Video: any high quality footage shot from a bystander to use as B-roll/cutover footage to supplement our cameras, or serve as the main source for the missing cars
- Owners favorite pics: your favorite 1024 pixel high quality still shots of each participant's car and the owners/drivers,
- Release: name and a release to use the materials for a video (we can supply this form)

Bonus material:
- incar camera footage (we have for the Kuda - need yours)
- candid shots of the MAN CAVE (we don't have)
- shots of the Foothills parkway (we don't have)
- vendors (we have this footage)
- lap times w/ driver of all participants
- any classification of participants: sponsors, pro drivers, amateurs, tire specs, etc

We can make a video compilation of the videos, stills onto 1 or a 2 disc DVD, complete with artwork.

There will be some cost involved, and we need to know what is reasonable $20, $30?? And how many total folks will want this. VOTE AT THE TOP ABOVE

I have already invested several hundred dollars of manpower to shoot and process the 2 days of footage, and will use a part of it regardless if what we do here. So it could make sense to get a "Stone Soup" of sorts with everyone here and get a nice momento.

LOW/NO COST OPTION: An alternate low/no cost solution is for everyone to upload their videos to the USER VIDEO section of KeislerTV.com. (You can do this now for that matter.) Then we will organize all of them within the video site.

xxxturbo6
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I voted for RTTH participant and would like to have a video. I'm local to your shop and can pick it up when ready.

Scot W.

Bill Howell
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the offer again Shafi!
Guys, anyone that came to this event knows that it has to be the best yet, even without drag racing with the cruise we did. Shafi and crew spent alot of time filming the cruise and autocross, etc. They have the raw footage, but unless enough people want a video, the cost to produce it is not worth the effort. Anyone wanting a copy really needs to step up now so we can get a count of just how many we would be talking about. We don't want money right now, just a commitment to buy if it is produced.

Larry Callahan
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh you know I will need a few and it looks like time for another mass e-mail.

dropit69
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
i voted yes ..

Ron S
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Although it will depress me over and over again,I want one.Ron

ProdigyCustoms
09-24-2009, 03:51 PM
We want one

BayouSS
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I'll take one.

tommycomfort
09-24-2009, 04:51 PM
You bet we want one! I am still pumped up everytime I look at our pictures and videos!

Yelcamino
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll take one too. I have a lot of in car footage from my camera. I could send you the tape so you can pull whatever footage you like (I'd like it back when you're done). Let me know.

MIGOAT
09-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm game for a video prefer limited music I want to hear engines.lol

KEISLER
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Alright boys and girls, here is some quickly edited video
http://keislertv.com/user_landing.php

wear headphones if you want the full stereophonic experience!

Enjoy!

Shafi

badchry
09-25-2009, 04:25 PM
killer dragon footage from 5:00-5:07......everything else you can leave on the cutting room floor. :smoke:

j/k ......looks like you might be onto something. just wish the weather would have been better.

kind of funny when the loud super sports roll past; then the vette guns it and you dont hear anything. :lmao:

Shafi: one thing you might do, if you can get the info from the shootout, you could post the times in the corner of screen to let the viewers watch the progress.

tazzz25906112
09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm in for sure Shafi, that's just a great way to spread the word about the event up here in Toronto to others as well.....

Thanks
Albert

nickdoe6
09-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Alright boys and girls, here is some quickly edited video
http://keislertv.com/user_landing.php

wear headphones if you want the full stereophonic experience!

Enjoy!

Shafi

Shafi, the autocross coverage is great. Can't wait to get a copy.

Nick L.

HectorM52
09-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I would purchase a copy. I'd prefer the $20 cost, but if it turns out you need $30 I'll go there too.

JEFFTATE
09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Sure !!!
I would love to have one !!!
Count me in ...

KEISLER
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Here are some of the pics from the Open House that I shot.

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.php?/keisler-open-house.html

tommycomfort
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Great video and pictures! Thanks for posting them.
Tom

KEISLER
10-02-2009, 08:26 AM
You are welcome! I hope we can get more commits. It will take at least 50 copies to make sense - 75 is better.

Shafi

BIGX69
10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
YOU KNOW I WANT ONE!!!!:machine:

wblanton
10-06-2009, 06:39 PM
First AutoX gotta have a video of it..

SicMonte
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I voted. I wasn't there but I still want to see the event coverage.

NRV051
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I def want one but are they willing to post to Australia. I will pay the extra postage.

Gav

tazzz25906112
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Mark me down for three copies Shafi and thank you for doing all of this organizing and production too.... Didn't know how to do the Poll thing,,, but we're certainly in for the 3 copies...

Albert

prine68
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I couldn't make it down there, so I'm in for a copy. Love watching that stuff.

KEISLER
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Here is an example of a multi angle video from the Kuda.
http://keislertv.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=10752

If you folks have some in/on car footage, we can mix it with our video to get something like this for your runs.

01badz28
10-14-2009, 04:42 AM
I would be interested in a video of the raw autocross runs like one of the vendors did last year.

FWIW, Keisler you are welcome to use my crappy on board footage to your hearts content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOm3_t-B28

JEFFTATE
10-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I voted , I'll take a $20 copy ..

KEISLER
10-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I would be interested in a video of the raw autocross runs like one of the vendors did last year.

FWIW, Keisler you are welcome to use my crappy on board footage to your hearts content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOm3_t-B28

The HD footage will basically be raw - no music or effects placed to it. Keeps it clean.

Shafi

tommycomfort
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Here is an example of a multi angle video from the Kuda.
http://keislertv.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=10752

If you folks have some in/on car footage, we can mix it with our video to get something like this for your runs.

Shafi,
Awesome video footage! Hope you can swing the complete deal!
Thanks,
Tom

KEISLER
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Folks,

We are looking to complete this in the coming days. I will ask Larry Callahan to make an annoucement so those of you that want the DVD can get the details. Thanks!

Shafi

PS - It was great meeting so many of you at the SEMA dinner, the Optima Race and at SEMA.

Shafi

JEFFTATE
11-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Shafi !
You guys rock !!

xxxturbo6
11-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Any word on when the DVD will be ready?

SW.

Larry Callahan
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Watch for news in the next 1-2 days

tazzz25906112
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Shafi, please bring my three copies down to the house when I see you next month bud...Thanks

Larry Callahan
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
It's on sale now! Check it out at

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62826

T_Raven
12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
How do I order a copy? I hit the "add to cart" button on the front page and it takes me to paypal but doesn't show an invoice or anything about paying for the DVD

Larry Callahan
12-02-2009, 06:28 AM
You don't see a proceed to checkout button on the bottom right side?

HectorM52
12-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Payment sent!

JEFFTATE
12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Ordered mine today !!

T_Raven
12-03-2009, 02:54 AM
You don't see a proceed to checkout button on the bottom right side?

Ok I got it, through the link you posted and then the link in that thread and then the "add to cart" button it took me to the right page. Clicking the button on the very main pro-touring.com page only took me to my account summary in paypal.

KEISLER
12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Larry Callahan, Pro-Touring's founder and owner, has made a dedicated web page for the action DVD. Please visit it below, and order the product

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/12/RTTHDVDLOGO-1.jpg (https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtth5/rtth-v-dvd.htm)

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/rtth5/rtth-v-dvd.htm

We held the cost at $20 like you asked for. :twothumbs

I will bring copies to the PRI show in Orlando for any of you that would like to pick it up there. Send an email to Melissa at [email protected] and let her know your name and how many copies.

wiedemab
12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Ordered!

Sweeet! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Larry Callahan
12-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok I got it, through the link you posted and then the link in that thread and then the "add to cart" button it took me to the right page. Clicking the button on the very main pro-touring.com page only took me to my account summary in paypal.

Odd, I wonder if we might need to get you to clear your cache or something? It's working so far for everyone else.

What browser are you using?

KEISLER
12-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Hey Folks - All orders placed by Dec 7 shipped Dec 8. You should start receiving them now. New orders are filled same or next day! Enjoy!

HectorM52
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Got mine today and started watching it. Had to work so didn't get to see much, but seems to be pretty nice so far!

Thanks Keisler!

Larry Callahan
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Got mine today!!! Too cool!!!!!

KEISLER
12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Glad you folks are diggin it. I just got back from the Performance Race Industy (PRI) Show in Orlando Florida where we had a booth, the Kuda and a TV playing this DVD in the booth.

I can tell you a LOT of people loved watching this. We must have played it 10 hours in the rotation.

And some people wanted to see particular cars. One magazine editor really liked the Swartz Performance built Tempest, for example. A bunch of the guys were liking the G-Force built Sunoco Twist Camaro, etc. Another guy flipped over the California Hwy Patrol Mustang and started telling me about the enthusiast following those cars have. One fellow from Australia was taken by Baer Brake's '65 Chevelle, etc, .... lots of fun to watch.

It's funny how mesmerizing our cool cars going 35mph in a parking lot is !! :)

John Wright
12-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Watched mine all the way through in the first sitting. Enjoyed the 35 mph parking lot videos. I noticed several cars collecting a cone and pushing it for nearly a lap before it finds it's way out from under the front of the car. I'm not a big Ford fan but that White Mustang in the early part of the vid appeared to be cooking around through those cones.

I'll have to dig back through the threads and see what the times were.

edit: Well...I guess not. Looks like the results are not accounted for. Would have been interesting to see the times between the various cars.
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showpost.php?p=589602&postcount=34

wiedemab
12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Watched mine all the way through in the first sitting. Enjoyed the 35 mph parking lot videos. I noticed several cars collecting a cone and pushing it for nearly a lap before it finds it's way out from under the front of the car. I'm not a big Ford fan but that White Mustang in the early part of the vid appeared to be cooking around through those cones.

I'll have to dig back through the threads and see what the times were.

edit: Well...I guess not. Looks like the results are not accounted for. Would have been interesting to see the times between the various cars.
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showpost.php?p=589602&postcount=34

The white later model Mustang is a local hot shoe named Tony Bolton. That dude can flat out drive!!!!!!!! He's a super nice guy too. He help out with the setup and organization for the AutoX.