PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket subframes

banshee ss
09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
hi guys. im new here. my question has probably been asked a hundred times but i cant find the answer that i am looking for in previous posts. i am starting a 69 camaro "performance restoration" and am planning on swapping in a ls1/t56 and airbags all around. will an aftermarket front subframe be worth the money for this type of setup? will it make the motor trans swap less labor intensive? i will be doing all the work myself and i can weld and fabricate so chopping up the stock subframe to make everything fit wont be a big deal. also, which subframe is the best bang for the buck?

ProdigyCustoms
09-22-2009, 06:16 PM
You can get a lot from a well modded factory subframe. Just look at Air Rides Velocity at this past weekends RTTHS was within hundreths and lead a lot of the day running against the worlds best and most expensive subframes.

Best bang for the buck in a aftermarket subframe, Speedtech.

Which ever you choose, we have modification packages for stock subframes, including Air Ride products, and also have (in alphabet order) Art Morrison, Chris Alston, DSE, and Speedtech subframes.

Feel free to give me a call and we can discuss needs, wants (not the same) and budget, and determine the best way for you to go.