PDA

View Full Version : Recap of RTTHsV

Bill Howell
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
First, thanks to everyone that came, supported and worked hard to make this yet another great event.
We did have several that decided the rain forecast was too much as did not come. For ya'll, well sorry, it was all ok. We did get alittle rain on Friday night, but Saturday was overcast but great. Much better than the usual September heat here. Today was a washout and we did not get to dragrace, but hopefully everyone still had a great weekend.
Nick, driving Bad Penny was the fastest in the Autocross in the musclecar class. He was in a 5 car shootout with Kyle Tucker, Bret Voelkel, Brian Finch and Jason Huber. We ran the cars from last to first and every single car bettered their times. It came down to the final run to determine a winner. The people's choice award was close also, with Brian Finch taking the win. We woke up to rain this morning and about 11am I decided to call it a weekend without us getting in any dragracing. Turns out that was the right thing to do because it has rained off and on all day. The numbers were very close in the end with the rain shortened event, but Brian Finch took the coveted King of the Hill award.
Congratulations to Brian and to everyone that won a door prize. We had so many vendors step up and give away very nice prizes so in the end everyone had a chance to win something.
Thanks to everyone that came and supported RTTHs. Now it is time to start plans for next year's RTTHs, see everyone then.

Tucks69
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for a great time Bill!! Can't wait for next year!! Pro Touring Folks are the best!!

TonyBolton
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all your legwork and continued organizational skills to keep all the attendees having a great time. So begins the countdown for NEXT years event. ;)

protouring70
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the hardwork Bill and everyone that helped.

HectorM52
09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Sucks that today was rained out. I was looking forward to seeing Finch's 2nd-gen go up against Velocity and Bad Penny (among others)...

Congrats to Finch, your Camaro received my vote. It was a beautiful ride and the fact that it came together so quickly swayed me that way.

Thanks to Bill for putting on the event again and for your hospitality at the toy-box. Your decision to head to the Dragon was a brilliant one. Scattered rain or not, that ride was a blast.

See ya'll next year.

***EDIT***

Any plan to put a list of "best times" together for the auto-x? Maybe a list of the '75 & earlier vs the '76 & later? I'd like to compare my times vs. everyone else.

tommycomfort
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Bill,
Thanks for a great event. We had an absolute blast and can't wait until next year. Making friends and meeting up with past friends who share similar interests is always high on our priority list.

I think I had listed three goals prior to the event:
1. Have a great time - Absolutely!
2. Don't break down - Small trans leak, but hardly a break down
3. Don't make a fool of myself - Beside getting lost on the course my first lap I think I will put a check in that block too.

As far as door prizes go, I'm not exactly sure who got them, but the few of us that showed up at the drags as directed found no door prizes and no word on where everyone had gone instead. Can't say I was too thrilled about that, but next year I will program all the heavy hitter's phone numbers in my phone so I can start speed dialing everyone important...

Thanks for having us!
Tom, Deb and Sam

yellowrallys
09-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Bill, I just want to say thank you so much for the hard work and dedication put out by you, Melinda, and all the folks that help out to put this thing on. Every time I saw you, you were busting your butt doing something, soaking with sweat. Ol' Howell is a heck of a promoter. A little rain on Friday didn't dampen the spirits of anyone that I saw, in fact I thought it was kinda neat. It shows these ol' hot rods are meant to be driven, no matter what. It sure beats sitting around in a lounge chair at some car show. The food was once again great, and the tour at Keisler was nice too. Please give my thanks to Melinda for diggin' me out of the boonies over the phone. If not for her and my wife, I might be in Kentucky or somewhere by now.

Quickstreet
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Had a great time, Everybody was great. I think every thing went very well , showers here & there still did not totaly dampen everyones spirits.

dropit69
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Just got back home few mins ago. Drove thru some killer rain on way homebut just took my time.Thanks to Bill and everyone involved in doing such a great event..the Dragon was a blast even with a little rain,views were amazing from way up there. I had a blast driving in the auto-x for the first time since ive been going..can't wait till next year again

nickdoe6
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks to everyone involved for a great weekend. I can't remember having that much fun crammed into two days (would have been three if not for the rain today).

Met a bunch of great people and made a ton of new friends.
Thanks again,

There is absolutely no way I'll miss this event next year.

Nick L.

MIGOAT
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
We had a blast as well!!! Thank you to for all who put in the time and effort to making this happen!!!

BayouSS
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Bill, Thanks to everyone for sharing a good time and making this event better every year, Kathy and myself had a great time.

It was good seeing ole friends again since the last RTTH and making new ones this time, thats what its all about. See you next year.

67SSDan
09-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Had a great time as usual! It was good seeing familiar faces as well as getting to know some new ones. Can't wait till next year!

Dan

wiedemab
09-21-2009, 03:35 AM
I'll just reiterate what everyone has already said, but I had an awesome time. My little Mustang made it through without breaking anything again, so that was good.

I got to see a lot of old friends and met some new ones too.

The top five cars were impressive, but not to be downplayed is the skill of the folks behind the wheel. It's always a humbling experience to watch my runs versus the good drivers.

Thanks again to everyone - can't wait 'til next year.

71RS/SS396
09-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks to everyone that gave their time and support to make this event great. I had a blast even with having to change a broken rag joint in a rain storm. This was my first time at RTTH and autocrossing,but won't be the last. Learned a lot ( Big Blocks aren't good for autocrossing ). I have already started planning a build for next year's event.

Thanks again Tim McGilton

Jim Nilsen
09-21-2009, 05:38 AM
If you are looking for bright moments in your life, great people to be around and all the cars you ever dream about , you have to make it to these events.

Bill Howell knows how to host more fun than is probably legal in any country. Just showing up to watch the event will put a smile on your face and get your adrenaline going.

I want to thank everyone who made the weekend another one of the greatest times of my life !!!!!!

May the horsepower be with us all !

Steve Chryssos
09-21-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm so jealous. :ripped:

Bow Tie 67
09-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks Melinda, Bill, Yancy and all the others who helped make this the premier event it is.

Bill, my car is in competition with your Charger, but as a slightly smaller boat. Ask Jim we had rain dripping off the fuse block, cigarette lighter, onto our feet and the engine computer. Thankfully nothing shorted out and stranded us. I think I'm changing her name to the " SS MINNOW ".

YancyJohns
09-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Thanks again for a great event Bill! You couldn't asked for a better autocross clincher. I really enjoyed see all the cool cars, getting to see some old friends and meeting new ones. I was glad see Bill's Charger complete and see how well it did in autocross. Thanks to all the vendors, without them, we wouldn't have such great cars and put on such a wonderful event. I also want to thank Steve and Nick for covering the event and bringing Bad Penny to spank some :spank2: in the autocross event......lol Maybe by this time next year, Steve and Nick can get some seat time in on Gran Turismo/Need for Speed so my son Aaron can have some competition....lol Next event, SEMA wahoooooo, Vegas Baby.

Bill Howell
09-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Observation that I failed to mention before.
Did those that came notice the amount of spectators at the stadium on Saturday? I thought the crowd was huge, considering we had about 50 cars running.
I need to rethink this thing, maybe I could collect a buck or two from each one and get the entry fee cheaper.......hehe

OH, and Kevin, we missed Kelly's burgers. I need someone there cooking burgers next year for sure.

RS_Customs
09-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks to Bill for his hospitality and everyone who made this event happen. Lot's of great cars and people! Thanks again for the ride alongs from Jake, Steve and Ron. Ron, Sorry about your motor, but sounds like you have a plan for it. Thanks to David Sloan also for letting me carpool up for a great couple of days!

Robert

Ron S
09-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks Bill and Melinda for all you do to put these events together,rain or shine its always a great time.I got in 1 am this morning,while I was unloading the car off the trailer,I stuck the camera up there and took this pic.Found both peices of the rod bolt.I don't think the LS1 liked that Ford blue paint on it.Thanks again Bill. Ron

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/09/656361159_vCTr2L-1.jpg

David Sloan
09-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Thank you Bill for letting me hang out.
It was killer getting to see everybody again.
Thanks

PS Bill that back road boogie we did in my dullie trying to keep up with your charger was a blast! LOL!! Thanks

PARKERRS
09-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks to Bill, Melinda, Yancey and all who were involved in putting on another great event. The longer cruise was really nice. Thanks to all of the sponsors who support us and come out to be a part of the fun, we couldn't have this much fun without all of you guys working together to make it happen. See everyone again next year.

Payton King
09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
and now back at work.

I love this event. I see most of these people once or twice a year and you would think they were my neighbors that drove up with me.

Great bunch of people!

Bill, Melinda and all envolved. Thank you for your time and effort to put on this event.

Yelcamino
09-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks to all of you that put in the hard work to make this event another success! I had a blast, got to see my old buddies again and got to meet a some more great people to add to my list of friends!

Bill, when does registration open for RTTH VI? :naughty:

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Someone forgot to mention that I had the fourth fastest autocross time, but was asked to sit out of the final run off.. After all, I worked a bit to get to that spot.

Anyways, great event and driving Penny on the Tail of the Dragon.. in the rain... without wipers or a defroster was a BLAST!

Nice seeing everyone. :)

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
I got in 1 am this morning,while I was unloading the car off the trailer,I stuck the camera up there and took this pic.Found both peices of the rod bolt.I don't think the LS1 liked that Ford blue paint on it.Thanks again Bill. Ron

Be sure to email me about what you need.. I have stock GM stuff just laying around :)

[email protected]

Nice seeing you again and next time don't paint the engine in FORD blue.. they don't like that.. ;)

01badz28
09-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Bill and Melinda for all you do to put these events together,rain or shine its always a great time.I got in 1 am this morning,while I was unloading the car off the trailer,I stuck the camera up there and took this pic.Found both peices of the rod bolt.I don't think the LS1 liked that Ford blue paint on it.Thanks again Bill. Ron

I was sorry to see that happen to you - it brought back some bad memories of when mine let go last year in nearly the same way. Bet yours looks like this when you do the post mortem:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/09/100_1255-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/09/100_1252-1.jpg

I took it as an excuse to put something bigger under the hood, good luck getting her back together.

KeislerGene
09-21-2009, 11:58 AM

Ron,

That was one of my favorite cars here. No offense to the other guys who cars where here. I am not even a Ford guy. Very cool though, I was looking through all the video we got of the cars going through the autocross. I was hoping to see it run.

Hope you get her running soon.

We are working on getting a video posted on keislertv.com where you guys can see alot of cars..

I heard Bills car was one of the fastest through the autocross?

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Ron,

That was one of my favorite cars here. No offense to the other guys who cars where here. I am not even a Ford guy. Very cool though, I was looking through all the video we got of the cars going through the autocross. I was hoping to see it run.

Hope you get her running soon.

We are working on getting a video posted on keislertv.com where you guys can see alot of cars..

I heard Bills car was one of the fastest through the autocross?

Yea, I love that Mustang too...

Bill's car turned in a really good time but was on "illegal" R888 tires.. still, that big old boat could sure blast it's way around the track. That fast time was with Kyle from DSE driving I think.

bucks69
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Like everyone else said thanks goes to all involved. We had a great time in spite of the weather, but everyone knew we would. Cant wait till the next event. It was great seeing everyone again.

Bill Howell
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Someone forgot to mention that I had the fourth fastest autocross time, but was asked to sit out of the final run off.. After all, I worked a bit to get to that spot.

Anyways, great event and driving Penny on the Tail of the Dragon.. in the rain... without wipers or a defroster was a BLAST!

Nice seeing everyone. :)

Steve, Steve, Steve....haha
Steve was fourth (I think) in the autocross times when we figured up low ets. However, it is hard for one car to be in the final 5 twice with two different drivers, so Steve gracefully bowed out so Nick could run the car, since Nick had the faster time in the car. They both were either driving the car or taking pictures all day long of cool cars or event happenings. It was also nice to brag about having Bad Penny here at the event and she happens to be sitting in the Toy Box right now, snuggled up to the charger.....hehe
Penny is one of the premier ProTouring cars out there right now, so to have her here was a huge deal for me. She came real close to being King of the Hill also, so not bad for a California based ride...lol

All weekend Steve gave me grief about my choice of wheels for the charger on race tires, but I guess I earned it, talking about his black wheels several months ago. I did have used 888s on the charger so yes there was a bit of an advantage, but it probably just evened things up since the charger is about 400 pounds heavier than most camaros. Anyway, I could not win my own even anyway, so I thought I would use the time/runs to tune the car a bit for Optima in November. I know one thing, with those tires, the car was absolutely on rails, if you had the nads to turn the wheel hard enough, it would turn. I never could make the car push, and I tried. Once we get the rearend figured out and are able to keep both back tires on the ground in tight corners, we should be very competitive. The good thing about it is, I can take 4 of my closest friends with me when I go......

69rs
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
There is absolutely no way I'll miss this event next year.

Nick L.
I can see it now, "Steven, go ahead and ship Bad Penny to Pigeon Forge". Then right before flight time...."Steven, I need you to take care of things here, I'll go to Pigeon Forge and look after Penny"! Obviously Nick and Penny are very well aquainted, as he drove her like he stole her! Great to meet you, Nick and Congrats on the autocross win in that fine automobile!

69rs
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks a ton to Melinda, uncle Bill, Yancy, and of course, Larry Callahan. The event was awesome as always! If I was only gonna do one event a year, it would be this one. It was great to see old friends and great to meet new ones. Thats what people who haven't been may not realize. It's about the people! The cars are a great reason to get together with the best group of people!

69rs
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM

:)
Gotta give the man props....Steven may be a sugar coated Californian, but the man can build an awesome ride, and he can drive it, too!

BTW-Penny.....:eek::hail::naughty::drool::yum:

CarlC
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
.... so not bad for a California based ride...lol

Now now, don't make David and Mary bring their machines next year.

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
The good thing about it is, I can take 4 of my closest friends with me when I go......

My car works out well since I only have one friend...

Thanks for the comments on Penny.. I can't wait until we finally get her dialed in ;)

Bill Howell
09-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Now now, don't make David and Mary bring their machines next year.

You caught me Carl. Mary has already threatened to come, I was just trying to entise them.......lol

bret
09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I look forward to this event every year, but even more so this year. After my miserable showing at the Super Chevy Shootout in El Toro a couple of weeks ago we invested a couple of hundred hours [more] of work to get Velocity to turn and stop properly. After Saturday I can say that we have suceeded in doing both.
We knew the car was good going in but I was pleasantly impressed that many others noticed as well. Thank you all for the words of encouragement!
Thank you as well to Bill and Melinda, and to Yancy and all the rest of the guys who put this together. Independent of my business, I would come to this event at any and all costs because it's just that much fun. In my conversations with Kyle Tucker [DSE], Todd Gartshore [Baer Brakes], and Rick Love [Vintage Air] we agreed that this is a great way to relax and enjoy just being hotrodders again. We all celebrated a great weekend with a cocktail on Saturday night:).
The level of car building and performance has risen geometrically in the last 5 years. 4 years ago my GSX won the autocross. I've made few changes in the GSX since then, but Velocity is about 2 seconds quicker on the same course and is still 3rd among this group this year. I'm quite proud of that but it demonstrates the progress everyone has made in the last few years. And we are still talking about true street cars here...any of these cars could be [and were in most cases] driven several hundred or thousand miles to the event.
Congratulations to Brian Finch on his King of the Hills win with his newly reconstructed Camaro....and for being on the cover of PHR this month with his Mustang. For the record, I LOVE his use of a refrigerator handle for an inner door pull on that car!
Also congratulations to Frank and the crew at Prodigy for being on the cover of Super Chevy this month. Greg Schneider from our shop drove that car at the autocross on Saturday...it is definately for real!

I had a great time talking to ALL there...and got lots of new ideas for a new car for next year.
Until then...!

nickdoe6
09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm so jealous. :ripped:
Dude, we missed ya...

Nick L

nickdoe6
09-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks again for a great event Bill! You couldn't asked for a better autocross clincher. I really enjoyed see all the cool cars, getting to see some old friends and meeting new ones. I was glad see Bill's Charger complete and see how well it did in autocross. Thanks to all the vendors, without them, we wouldn't have such great cars and put on such a wonderful event. I also want to thank Steve and Nick for covering the event and bringing Bad Penny to spank some :spank2: in the autocross event......lol Maybe by this time next year, Steve and Nick can get some seat time in on Gran Turismo/Need for Speed so my son Aaron can have some competition....lol Next event, SEMA wahoooooo, Vegas Baby.

I'm going out to by GT tomorrow so I'll be able to take Aaron (9 years old btw) next year. I hate getting beat by kids. :doh:

wblanton
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
What a great time!! I signed up late and the autocross was full. Went over to Bill's man cave for a few Friday night, sweet place and Frank asked Bill if he had room for one more. Man am I glad he did (thanks Bill) I had an awesome time nailing some cones and slinging Back n Black around. I had the award for the most cones for a while but someone took that from me. I was pretty happy with my last two runs after I got the nerves calmed down enough to just drive and not overthink it. I definitely have some tuning to do on the suspension but 41.49 (I think) was pretty good for the Pro-Touring Country Club edition as Frank refers to it. Great meeting so many people that I chat with on here. This is definitely one of the events I was looking forward to most. Unfortunately my ride wasnt quite ready last year but sure was worth the wait. All in all it held up well. Drove about 400 miles in through the rain, had some minor leaks around the top, lost the AC and then on the way home couldnt get the passenger door open so it looked a bit like the General Lee. So I have a couple of projects and a new front sub frame is in order. The RTTH was awesome, great riding with so many awesome rides, seeing some of these cars in person that you read about and drool over was exciting. Cant wait for next year. Thanks again to Bill and crew for a great time and all the hard work. Thanks to the other members for the hospitality I will definitely be back.

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Good to see your car really throwing down Bret. You just needed that last 5% of "tinkering"... now don't change a thing!

I told Mary and she's looking forward to more seat time in your car.

nickdoe6
09-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Cant wait for next year. Thanks again to Bill and crew for a great time and all the hard work. Thanks to the other members for the hospitality I will definitely be back.

Will, it was great to meet you. Too bad we ran out of time with the autocross. I really wanted to take your car for trip around the course.
Look for your car in the December issue of Camaro Performers.

Nick L

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Yea, it would be great if we had some "free time" to trade cars and try other rides.. for those willing of course.

nickdoe6
09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Yea, it would be great if we had some "free time" to trade cars and try other rides.. for those willing of course.

Nah, we'll just steal 'em when they ain't looking. I've been doing it for years...

Nick

Finch
09-21-2009, 07:36 PM
I know it does not seem possible but these things keep getting better year after year. There is no way to thank Bill, Melinda, Yancy and all involved with the planning and execution of this enough. This is shaping up to be the best place to be able to rub elbows with the who's who of the industry, Rick, Todd, Scott, Bret, Kyle, Frank, David, Mark, Tim, etc etc etc just to mention a few.

If you have not been yet you are only cheating yourself,

Also I thought I would post up some pics of the great trophey's they had made this year. The wood guy Mark Bowler uses hand made these and they are a work of art,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32776&stc=1&d=1253590376

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32775&stc=1&d=1253590376

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32774&stc=1&d=1253590380

68redcamaro
09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I would also like to say thank you Bill for a very well put together event and for all the hard work that you and everyone put into it..... it showed.

This was me and my wifes first time to do RTTH's and we went into it not knowing anyone and not really sure what to expect. But I can tell you we both had a blast and met some really great people. We just wish we did not live so far away. At least it is still close enough to drive to. Maybe you can help me talk the wife into bringing her car also next year.

I have always heard that if you try autocross one time you will be hooked...... well I now know that is definently true. Count me in for next year. And I would like to cast a vote for the cruise next year to run the dragon again!

Terry

ProdigyCustoms
09-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Wow what a trip. Thursday at 6PM my brother David and I jumped in the truck heading to Pigeon Forge. We had seen the forecast but said, we got to go. About 60 miles out in Ocala we started getting drilled with really hard rain. We passed 4 SERIOUS wrecks along the way. About 200 miles in David is driving, we hit some black ice and the truck hydroplanes and changes a lane and a half, starts to get a little crossed up and David does a hell of a job driving out of it. As I cleaned out my shorts I thought, this is crazy! We looked at the radar on the laptop and still had 150 more miles of this heavy rain. We talked about throwing in the towel! But this was Bill Howell and RTTH's! No way we could give up!

Team Prodigy member Patrick with the Silver 68 Camaro was driving ahead of us and had a fuel pump go out in Chattanooga. We made it to Chattanooga in 12 hours, which should be a 9 hours drive. Got 2 hours sleep. Unloaded the Bull Run Racer and loaded Patrick's car. Continued 150 miles to RTTH's. Unfortunately we were late for the cruise by a hour. Tired as we were, Friday for us was spent fixing the fuel pump which turned out to be a 1" piece of hose gone bad, it is always a 30 cent item. Another hour of sleep at 5PM and over to Bills for beers and BS.
David had never been to RTTH's and about 9PM he says, I get it! This is what it is all about isn't it? Comradery, helping one another, good beer and good stories!

David, Patrick and Maryann, Will and Shanna were all first timers, and I promise will all be back next year!

Our trip home was not much better then the trip up. We got hammered to death by rain again half the way home. But it did not bother us. We just reflected on RTTH's and what a great time! I do not want to ever have to drive through **** like that again, but if I have too..............

Bill, I told you in private, I will tell you here. You did it. You have formed the premiere Pro Touring event anywhere.

Thanks for all you, Melinda and Yancy did this weekend.

We cannot wait till next year!

Stg1Regal
09-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Hey I brought my wife this year, actually it is our anniversy this weekend , this was my gift from her.
Not the the trip itself or even coming here, she even rode with me on the dragon.

Wish I had went to the autocross event, but had to keep the little lady happy.

I would like say a BIGGG THANKS to a couple of people,First to Bill Howell for the use of his shop to replace my steering box. Awesome shop!!

And to Scott W aka xxxturbo6 for helping me change it out, and to the others providing moral support, it was great to meet you all.,,HectorM52.... Brett from Air Ride (http://www.ridetech.com/), and others.. I just can remember.

It was great to meet and great new friends, and put faces with names from the board.

The ride was awesome great scenery along the way, my car handled well, steered well, hadn't had good decent steering in awhile. Man I haven't driven that car like that in years, it was the longest trip i ever drove it on, then ran it thru them hills. Bill pick some good roads.

Danm you guys ..now you got me thinking what I hafta do to get my ride more suited to handle better.

The BBQ at Keisler's was also awesome,great end to a great day! Thanks Keislers

All the rides in attendence there, where impressive!!!

I am coming back next year.. definately and for sure, now my son and step daughter want to come, my son wantsto run his 93 GMC Sonoma..... Thanks Hector for inspiring him!

Again awesom event Thanks to everyone who had part in helping put it on.

Bill Howell
09-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Chris,
Most don't know, but thank you and your company (The Paddock) for providing the bags, stickers and pens that we stuffed and gave away at the autocross on Saturday as give-a-ways to everyone there. Every bag had a hat, shirt, or something from the other vendors and sponsors there. Thanks so much for that support.

ProdigyCustoms
09-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I want to congratulate one of our Team Prodigy Members on winning the Vintage Air Just Too Cool Award.

Patrick and Maryann drove up from Orlando, had a little hick up in Chattanooga with a fuel pump, but we all pulled together and got them up and running again Friday. They had a blast all weekend, I think Maryann was really surprised how much fun she / they had. Patrick never autocrossed before and I kinda "pushed" him into it. By the end of the day he ran a 40, which is well in the upper part of the field. It is too bad the drag racing was cancelled Sunday, he would have been hard to beat with this Kenne Bell Blown LS1. A few of us lined up 3 wide and had a good opportunity to find out just how fast this car is on the way home from the autocross! He was behind us and nearly ran us over when we all jumped on it, LOL!

Thanks guys for coming and representing us so well. You guys really are...........

"Just Too Cool"!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2009, 06:38 AM
I want to congratulate one of our Team Prodigy Members on winning the Vintage Air Just Too Cool Award.

Patrick and Maryann drove up from Orlando, had a little hick up in Chattanooga with a fuel pump, but we all pulled together and got them up and running again Friday. They had a blast all weekend, I think Maryann was really surprised how much fun she / they had.

Yea, we will be shooting that car SOON for the magazine so clean it up. :)

Patrick was nice enough to let me borrow Maryann as a passenger and she must be good luck since I turned in my best times on those laps. lol.

Great car and great people.

JEFFTATE
09-22-2009, 06:40 AM
I really enjoyed the event !!
Thanks Bill , Melinda , Yancey ,Tim , Mark , Austin , and Aaron !!
Thanks to Jakes Rod Shop , Keisler , Baer , Motor State Distributing , The Paddock , Detroit Speed , and AirRide too.
These events would be cool even without sponsors , BUT !!....they are bigger and better with the corporate involvement.
We must remember this and support those that support us.

Thanks Guys !!!

Now , on to the memories of the event.
The cruise to , on , and from the Dragon's Tail was awesome , long , curvy , wet , and exciting ! ( Sounds like a date I had in '87 )
We hauled a*# on Foothills Parkway !!

The Keisler stop , and tour , and BBQ were great.
I learned a lot at Keisler.

Hangin' out with everybody at Bill's was a definite highlight !!
I've never really spent a lot of time around Kyle Tucker, but he and Greg and Bret from AirRide had me laughing my butt off.
( Poplar Bluff !! .. 5 gallons of gas and grandma's phone # ! )

I got to talk a lot to Todd from Baer brakes.
He's full of info. about brake systems too.

It was great to see all the pro-touring members out in force.
It wouldn't be the same without hangin' with all you guys.
I would come to the event to see all my friends above all else.
THAT is what makes the event.

I had fun at the autocross ( as usual )

AND !!!!....
I got to drive BAD PENNY !!!
That car is so comfortable , fast , and well developed !!
It is smooth !!
I drove it around the empty parking lot for about 5 minutes .
What a blast !!
I could not get it loose.
( Unless it was torque steer )
It would respond any which way you told it go.
It had all the power I could handle too.
Thanks Steve !!!

And !, I got to drive the Detroit Speed 2nd-Gen Test Car !!
It was equally as awesome as Penny.
I wasn't ready for the brakes and I almost threw Kyle's helmet through the dash .( I didn't have it on , it was on the passenger's seat )
That car will stop faster than ANY car I have ever been in.
Thanks Kyle !!!

wiedemab
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
I caught the very end of the 5 gal of gas and Grandma's phone number story - Classic!

My brother-in-law Brian and I (well mostly him) were all wrapped up in every drunken college story that we could possibly remember for most of the night. We get all excited when we can tell the stories to a new crowd. I think we scared some of the folks that had kids headed off to college.

We had a blast at Bill's Saturday night.

Awesome group of people - can't say it enough!

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2009, 07:38 AM
No problem Tate.. if we have time next event you can drive it through the actual course. :)

JEFFTATE
09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
No problem Tate.. if we have time next event you can drive it through the actual course. :)

I'll set a record ......

Steve1968LS2
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I'll set a record ......

lol.. I'm sure you would.

Great event guys.. I'm already trying to work out how to get the car out there for next years run.. Just hope it will be a "bit" drier.. :)

BTW.. 85 degrees and blue skys here...

Stg1Regal
09-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Chris,
Most don't know, but thank you and your company (The Paddock) for providing the bags, stickers and pens that we stuffed and gave away at the autocross on Saturday as give-a-ways to everyone there. Every bag had a hat, shirt, or something from the other vendors and sponsors there. Thanks so much for that support.

Thanks ..... I was little nervous showing empty handed, But since pushing at work to get them before I left, the request went straight to the lady that puts them together and out the door the same day.

Let every one here on the board know, that since we had a show booth in Pigeon Forge the same weekend, and we ( The Paddock) was giving out info on a show promotion, any ground shipped order thats over $250 gets .....FREE.. ground shipping, normally its a order thats $500 or higher, just tell the rep your talking to you seen us down in Pigeon Forge at the Grand Rod Run.. they'll honor that order.

Hopefully next year I can get a code set up for just the RTTH event/s and a different promo.

Glad everyone was able to enjoy the autocross, wishI had been there, but gotta balance the fun factor between the wife and fun.

Man I was sorry to see what happened to RON S Mustang.. sharp ride none the less.

Again personal thanks for use of your shop.

Patrick
09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow-- what a weekend. I owe several people big thanks--

Frank and David--way better than AAA. Prodigy really knows what customer service is all about.

Bill and Melinda for organizing such a great event. Bill thank you for letting me work on my ride in your air conditioned shop.

Will and Shanna for the car cover--

David from Road Killer Kustoms- After the rude awakening--he was gracious enough to lend a helping hand.

Steven Rupp--MaryAnn talked about Penny the whole way home. I think I might be able to buy some new parts!!

Not only did MaryAnn and I have a great time but we were equally impressed with the outpouring of help from people we just met. Lots and lots of great memories from this weekend.

We are already planning for next year.

Patrick

tazzz25906112
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Bill and Melinda are incredibly gracious hosts that definitely hold an event that can only be described as "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME".........

This is the first time down to a RTTH event,,, and it was nothing short of the best car event I have ever been privileged to attend.... Bill, Melinda, and all the people that help and attend this event make it a "must do deal" !!!!!!!!!

I would gladly drive twice as far,,,, and then back all over again to be with the gang ..... The people are fantastic, friendly, super fun (and knowledgeable beyond belief to say the very least)...... Heck this is as good as it gets.....

I arrived Wednesday and everyone went out of their way to make sure I (we) had everything anyone could ever ask for to make the weekend an incredibly memorable occasion... The "Toy Box" was about the most laid back fun anyone could have at a car event and is now quickly becoming a legend up here in Toronto.....

As most know I was shaking down both my cars and had my share of issues (including that silly IDE error,,,,, Idiot driver error LOL).... Ron with the flatbed tow truck, thank you again my new friend you were incredible (both times LOL)...

The event and the people make this a "must return" deal for us next year (and every year).

Thank you to all,,,, especially Bill and Melinda

BTW, I'd be honored to sponsor Saturday dinner and BBQ at the Toy box on Saturday evening as discussed Bill..... drop me a line anytime my friend..

Bill Howell
09-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Bill and Melinda are incredibly gracious hosts that definitely hold an event that can only be described as "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME".........

This is the first time down to a RTTH event,,, and it was nothing short of the best car event I have ever been privileged to attend.... Bill, Melinda, and all the people that help and attend this event make it a "must do deal" !!!!!!!!!

I would gladly drive twice as far,,,, and then back all over again to be with the gang ..... The people are fantastic, friendly, super fun (and knowledgeable beyond belief to say the very least)...... Heck this is as good as it gets.....

I arrived Wednesday and everyone went out of their way to make sure I (we) had everything anyone could ever ask for to make the weekend an incredibly memorable occasion... The "Toy Box" was about the most laid back fun anyone could have at a car event and is now quickly becoming a legend up here in Toronto.....

As most know I was shaking down both my cars and had my share of issues (including that silly IDE error,,,,, Idiot driver error LOL).... Ron with the flatbed tow truck, thank you again my new friend you were incredible (both times LOL)...

The event and the people make this a "must return" deal for us next year (and every year).

Thank you to all,,,, especially Bill and Melinda

BTW, I'd be honored to sponsor Saturday dinner and BBQ at the Toy box on Saturday evening as discussed Bill..... drop me a line anytime my friend..

Albert, great to meet you too. We are going to hold you to the cooking deal next year, I am looking forward to it.

tazzz25906112
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Albert, great to meet you too. We are going to hold you to the cooking deal next year, I am looking forward to it.

Me too my friend!!!!

01badz28
09-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Bill,

I'll be willing to put the autocross times together in another spread sheet if you need an extra set of hands. I'm curious to see the results.

wblanton
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Nick, great meeting you as well. I would of gladly let you take the car around. Cant wait to see it in the magazine. Thanks for picking it.

Patrick anytime, great meeting yall. cars awesome man.

Steve I think the first car swap on the Auto X needs to be you and me:idea:

Frank tell Lisa we missed her.

Steve1968LS2
09-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Steve I think the first car swap on the Auto X needs to be you and me:idea:

It's a deal.. just remember that she likes it rough... lol

JEFFTATE
09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Bill,
but the few of us that showed up at the drags as directed found no door prizes and no word on where everyone had gone instead. Can't say I was too thrilled about that, but next year I will program all the heavy hitter's phone numbers in my phone so I can start speed dialing everyone important...

Thanks for having us!
Tom, Deb and Sam

Sorry about that Tom.
It won't happen again.
If it ever rains during the event again , we will station someone ( me , I volunteer) at the dragstrip to direct people away.

ACR-Mark
09-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Does anyone plan on posting the results with times for the first 6 runs (before the shootout)? I'm interested in seeing how the little rotary placed. I think I had a 37.85 or something like that.

JEFFTATE
09-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Does anyone plan on posting the results with times for the first 6 runs (before the shootout)? I'm interested in seeing how the little rotary placed. I think I had a 37.85 or something like that.

PM Bill Howell...

Yelcamino
09-30-2009, 07:35 AM
So, does that mean the times won't be posted like they were for RTTH IV? I'm curious to see how us little guys stacked up against the sponsors and NASCAR driver.

oestek
09-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Observation that I failed to mention before.
Did those that came notice the amount of spectators at the stadium on Saturday? I thought the crowd was huge, considering we had about 50 cars running.
I need to rethink this thing, maybe I could collect a buck or two from each one and get the entry fee cheaper.......hehe

OH, and Kevin, we missed Kelly's burgers. I need someone there cooking burgers next year for sure.

Bill,

Kelle and I missed being there! Diggin' the pics and other stories from the event.. it's still one of my favorites! We'll have to hook up at SEMA.

HectorM52
09-30-2009, 09:44 AM
So, does that mean the times won't be posted like they were for RTTH IV? I'm curious to see how us little guys stacked up against the sponsors and NASCAR driver.
I "third" this request (probably more like forty-third, but whatever). I have a couple pics of some of the boards if someone else has others. We can make our own list/spreadsheet if everyone can post up their pics!!

tommycomfort
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I "third" this request (probably more like forty-third, but whatever). I have a couple pics of some of the boards if someone else has others. We can make our own list/spreadsheet if everyone can post up their pics!!

Here's the board pics that I have. After looking at them I think I might have been the slowest overall. Time to spend more money and maybe practice a little!
:idea:
Tom

317millhand
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I was there as a first time spectator and had a blast. I normally go to the Grand Run every year, but did not know about RTTH until I became a member of this forum. Maybe I can participate once my 67 Chevelle is done. Lots of great looking cars there. I love seeing these high dollar cars get hell the way you guys dish it out. Who was the guy driving the Schwartz GTO?

KEISLER
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
We had a great time at the Open House, and here are some of the pics I took walking around.

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.php?/keisler-open-house.html

01badz28
10-02-2009, 06:15 AM
I emailed Bill and he told me that the only results were on the boards and they are now smudged. I will try and put together some kind of spreadsheet with those pics if I can. It won't be until next week since I am out of town at a conference and only have access through my Blackberry.

Edit: Does any one have pics of the boards at the end of the event? First run group went a lot faster on runs 5 and 6 due to the changes made for the oil put down by the blue Mustang.

wiedemab
10-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't see my car even on the board in the pics?

hmmmmmm?

HectorM52
10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't see my car even on the board in the pics?

hmmmmmm?
There were four boards - around 50 cars.

I've got the spreadsheet done up with all that I can see from TC's pics and the couple that I have.

It just doesn't have the other half of the cars so I figure I would wait to see if anyone else had pics of those boards.

KEISLER
10-02-2009, 08:28 AM
We have video of the boards as they were sitting there during the awards. I can get screen shots and post them here later today.

Shafi

HectorM52
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
That would be great!

HectorM52
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Here is what I was able to get. I already have a spreadsheet with these times plus the ones from TommyComfort's album too:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/10/IMG00140-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/10/IMG00141-1.jpg