PDA

View Full Version : Any Carbon Fibre thoughts,,

MonzaRacer
09-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I really think a Carbon Fibre lok hood would be cool but plastic film is me and I really wonder if I simply got the resin and fabric and simply laid it on my hood, how would it look and hold up, any thoughts on possibility?

70 Chevelle
09-17-2009, 03:42 AM
The problem with that is you would make the external dimensions of the hood larger. To make the part the exact same dimension as the original you would have to make mold . You would have to lay glass over the entire skin of the hood. Once cured you you would remove the skin and flip it over. Now you would lay glass into the the skin you made. That would give you a piece with the same dimensions. There is much more to it but that is a rough answer of why it cannot be skinned.

70 Chevelle
09-17-2009, 03:46 AM
The info above would only apply if you were making a replacement hood . This would not be good for a skin. If you did not have the weight savings of a 100% carbon hood. Whats the point?

MCMLXIX
09-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Paint on the CF look.. Muscle Car did it on the UFC Challenger and it looked good... simple and inexpensive too...