PDA

View Full Version : Exterior to interior color transitions - 67 Firebird

George
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
I am planing to do flat black on the dash and upper portion of the doors around the back under the rear window, etc.

So how do you transition the door jamb/inner door area from exterior color to interior color. Do you mask behind the weatherstripping? What about the top

I was also debating just painting it all the same blue as the exterior but sometimes that looks a little off for some reason. Or leave the dash black and the doors and rear portion could be body color.

What are your thoughts?

Tom Welch
09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Ive had 2 67 birds, on both the semi-gloss black interior paint on the doors wraped around the door and terminated under the weatherstrip on the front and rear of the door. it matched up to the stainless trim that the door panel fits into on the upper portion of the door. I have thought about doing this area body color or maybe a contrasting color like red against a black exterior and interior, I havent decided what to do yet myself.

George
09-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Thats what I figured. I think it might look cleaner with body color since it will contrast the black door panels and will wrap around the rear nterior as well. Then it won't match the dash as I want that black as it I feel it looks cleaner.....

THanks for the input