PDA

View Full Version : Photo Hacking First Attempt

toofun
04-04-2005, 09:12 AM
First of all. Thanks a bunch to Darkbuddaha. I really appreciate you doing the photo shopping for me. I really was interested in learning this process so I got a JASC PAINT 8 program and gave it a shot.

Let me know what any of you think. I know it is a hack job but give me a break it is my first attempt. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. It originally was a hard top so I had to erase it to be a convertible. Also couldnt get rid of an inserted black circle I put in there somehow.

Anyways let me know what you think. Here is the link to the photo.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/986254/69redcamaro18inchfamosa.jpg

Thanks
MARK
TOOFUN

DarkBuddha
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
You've chosen a very ambitious thing to attempt by making a coupe into a convertible, though it looks like you're working with some of the fundamentals... the majority of everything I do is done with the selection tools (mainly the free form selection tool), creating new layers, copy and paste. Simple but it can get involved and tedious. With enough practice it gets quicker and easier.

A couple tips...

1. The free form selection tool is often more useful than the majic wand.

2. Use layers, and when you create a new layer you plan to work with, immediately make a copy of it before you do any new processing.

3. Start with making a copy the top of the image from the bottom of the car up. This allows you to do things like lowering and changing the angle of the stance of the car.

4. Copy bits of the background to fill in and cover places where the manipulations create visual oddities (like where the hard top would've been). This can be tough, and is sure to be tedious. Often you can use a selection tool to map out an area you want to fill, then move the actual selection outline to a part of the background with the kinds of stuff you need, copy from the background and then paste and move it to where you need it. This is another place where working with layers can be very very very useful.

Anyway, keep with it and you'll get the hang of it in no time. :)

Piet
04-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Maybe more like this???

toofun
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey Buddaha and Piet,

Thanks for the input. Love the "money goes here" bit. Anyways, I have taken your advice and made a second attempt. Think it is a BIG improvement over the first one. Thanks again for the encouragement and tips. The link is below.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/986254/69redcamaro18inchfamosa2.jpg

Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN

Emo69SS
04-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Mark-

I think they look good. I'll call you later about the other rims.

Emo

DarkBuddha
04-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey Buddaha and Piet,

Thanks for the input. Love the "money goes here" bit. Anyways, I have taken your advice and made a second attempt. Think it is a BIG improvement over the first one. Thanks again for the encouragement and tips. The link is below.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/986254/69redcamaro18inchfamosa2.jpg

Thanks
Mark
TOOFUN
Much improved! Excellent job with the background!!! Ok, one more tip then...

5. The smudge tool is your friend. It can help you reshape contours and even create contours that didn't originally exist. It also helps with blending edges. This might be a good choice for helping in reshaping the convertible well area and the far side quarter panel.