PDA

View Full Version : New quarters...Goodmark, OER, same?

steelerguy
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I need to order both quarters for my 69 Camaro. When doing some research on Goodmark and OER I saw on there that they are the same if you get the full panels? Is this still the case? I see firstgen.com and some other places don't even list a manufacturer.

Is one better than the other or do they all come from the same place?

Thanks so much!

daredvl22
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Steelerguy, I'm in the same boat, but I need a pair for a '67. This is a highly debated topic, so you may want to do a search. I spoke to Mike the other day at AMD and from what I've heard from him (obviously) and others, their 1/4's are very nice quality, fittment, etc. I've also heard they are better than Goodmark, which tends to be the best out there IMO. Unfortunately for me, Mike won't have '67 panels completed for another 4 months or so. You may want to check them out. My 2 cents.

Rick D
09-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Most are made by the same company overseas. Goodmark does not make panels they are a reseller, but they only sell top level parts. From what I have seen you have Legion, Dynacorn. I do not no about AMD. I think Sherman parts are made here in the USA but don't know for sure. If you buy full 1/4's most I have seen are OK but all that I have used over the years will need work to make the fit and if you want perfection you will need to do alot of work. I used a NOS set made by GM but they where some of the last ones made and you would of thought they where off shore for sure.