PDA

View Full Version : RTTH V Keisler Open House & Dinner Friday 3pm - ?

KEISLER
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Folks,

As Bill Howell mentioned, we are hosting the dinner event Friday along with an Open House here at Keisler Engineering. We will extend our Friday operating hours so you can take a tour through our shop and see how we design and build our transmission systems.

We will have the Kuda with our paddle shift A-41 on a lift, and a '69 Chevelle with our T45-RS425 on display on a lift. We will make one or both of these lifts available for those of you that need to wrench for some emergency repairs! :twothumbs

We look forward to seeing you all. Be safe coming down and have a great time on the Dragon! We will be video taping your drive by on the Dragon with our High Definition video equipment.

See You Soon!

Shafi Keisler, pres/ceo

Bill Howell
09-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks Shafi,
This should be a nice touch to end the Dragon Run. We always seem to have a little carnage on the cruise so it will be nice to have a full repair shop waiting this time instead of the usual bailing wire fixes....haha
Like Shafi said, everyone please be careful coming in and we will see everyone Friday.

JEFFTATE
09-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks Shafi !
We may be cruising in the rain , like RTTH 3.
It's gonna be fun.

protouring70
09-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for having us!!

TonyBolton
09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
The rain will probably make your cars glisten.....hopefully it'll hide mines war wounds. ;)

Steve1968LS2
09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Repeat after me.. no rain... no rain...

;)

MIGOAT
09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
"The rain will probably make your cars glisten.....hopefully it'll hide mines war wounds. ;)"

And Steve You said it right,

No Rain No Rain No Rain.. Either way I'm there!!

KEISLER
09-17-2009, 08:46 AM
It's actually clearing up here now. We just came from Precision Rod & Custom - one of our excellent installers/distributors in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge with a Cobra kit car w/ T-56 - no top - all fun!

This weekend is also the Grand Run - a mega sized car show bringing in thousands of muscle cars, street rods - all kinds, so IF it does rain we won't be the only ones!

Here is a pic of the tent being setup this morning at our shop for tomorrow's dinner and Open House.

JEFFTATE
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Rain will definitely help hide my cars flaws !!

dropit69
09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
i decided to head up to gatlenburg to check it out..and got stuck in a downpour there..back at hotel now and its raining lighty out..but hopefully they willl get the next 3 days that count wrong..lol..oh i found out my defrost and or blower doesnt work at all it was fun drive back fom gatlenburg..lol

KEISLER
09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I had the same thing happen to me in my '65 Vette back on Power Tour. I used RainX outside and the RainX-defog inside, and it got me by.

There are several Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone stores in the area. Try to stay off the main drag in Pigeon Forge if possible cause there will be a lot of cars cruising. There are backroads that run around the main drag - look at Mapquest/YahooMaps if you can so you can see where to shortcut the main drag traffic.

JEFFTATE
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
It's actually clearing up here now. We just came from Precision Rod & Custom - one of our excellent installers/distributors in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge with a Cobra kit car w/ T-56 - no top - all fun!

This weekend is also the Grand Run - a mega sized car show bringing in thousands of muscle cars, street rods - all kinds, so IF it does rain we won't be the only ones!

Here is a pic of the tent being setup this morning at our shop for tomorrow's dinner and Open House.

Is the tent flammable ???

KEISLER
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Is the tent flammable ???

Hell yeah ... let's burn the bitch to the ground! (kidding of course!)

KEISLER
09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Folks!

All of us at Keisler Engineering had a great time having you over today. It was lots of fun - great people, awesome cars and good times!!

The Dragon was fun too. We had 2 cameras rolling as all of you made your way back from Deals Gap, thanks to Killboyz.com. They were getting some fantastic still shots with their mombo size camera, too.

Thanks so much for coming over today!

Shafi Keisler and the staff of Keisler Engineering

protouring70
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks I enjoyed the tour and dinner!!

Tucks69
09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the hospitality!!

JEFFTATE
09-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Thanks Shafi , Gene , and all the staff at Keisler.
I learned a lot at about Tremecs during the tour of your facility.
Thanks for the education.

Bow Tie 67
09-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks guys, they food was excellent and the tour was icing on the cake.

Scott Wahlstrom
09-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Shafi,
Thanks for the hospitality on Friday. The dinner was awesome and the shop tour was a blast. Thanks for the use of your shop and lift to help our guys from Canada, that is always above and beyond and very much appreciated.
Looking forward to talking with you more.

Scott

KEISLER
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Everybody in the shop here is giddy today from the event. We've spent all day loading in the video and cataloging all of the participants. It brings smiles to your face just watching all of you guys and gals running the cars. I was real surprised to see so many women at the event and behind the wheel. That was awesome.

Man, it sure was a blast!! One of the highlights for this year, for sure!

Shafi

nickdoe6
09-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Man, it sure was a blast!! One of the highlights for this year, for sure!

Shafi

Shafi,
Thanks for your hospitality. Great food and a nice operation you have going.
Wish I had time to take your car for a couple of laps...

Nick L.

Jim Nilsen
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Having a place like Keisler to have an event gathering with a facility that is as much of a leader in keeping up with the times and how businesses are run is impressive to me,and sponsoring us to play is what makes us able to fullfill our dreams.

Here are a few pics of the dreams that were in the backyyard of Keisler for a great moment in time.

Thankyou Keisler :1st:

KEISLER
09-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all of your nice comments. It was our pleasure to have you. I wish it could have been longer. By the time I got back from video taping the Dragon, it was almost 4:30. I only had enough time to do one tour before it was dinner time, then the rain came around 6pm. It was over so quick that I didn't get to hang out with many people, but the little time I did get was great.

Scott, I'm glad the lift worked out and got the Camaro back in the saddle. I hung out with the owner Sat night at Bill's drinking beer. We look forward to talking with you soon.

Nick, I really wanted to get you and Steve some seat time with the Kuda - especially on the street so you could run the paddle shifted engine braking auto through the gears. We got delayed at the tire shop early Sat morning trying to get the Nitto NT05 tires mounted before the event, then gave up and got there too late to get in both groups. So we used our 3 runs dialing the Kuda in on the Proxes4 M&S all seasons. This was the very first autocross for the car ... and me. My friend Kevin Wesley drove the Kuda. On the last lap after the awards, we got the car down to 39.59. I might do the cross country run with Bill to SEMA, and try the Optima Challenge, so may be we can connect then.

Thanks again to all of you for your nice comments about the Open House and dinner. It makes it all worth while for all of us at Keisler. We had a blast and will gladly do it again!

67autocross
09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have the times that the cars ran at this? Or top 10 results? Looks like a lot of fun!

tazzz25906112
09-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Shafi thank you your a gentleman and the help was indeed greatly appreciated..... I hope the wife and kids are feeling better buddy...

I really enjoyed our conversation Sat night and look forward to speaking to you soon about some of the issues we discussed....

Your facilities are incredible and after seeing them and how great your staff was,,,, it's no surprise why I have your transmissions in my cars...

Thanks again and we'll speak real soon my friend...
Regards,
Albert

KEISLER
09-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the compliments, Albert, and I will pass them on to the staff. I enjoyed hangin' out with you.

Turns out my wife and kids had the swine flu. It was very hard on my wife especially, but they are back up and on the go. When the vaccine for it comes out next month, I'm going to burn a trail to get that flu shot and the seasonal one!

We'll talk soon, Albert.

KEISLER
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,

We had a blast at the RTTH V. Here are some of the pics I took while walking around the Open House.

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.php?/keisler-open-house.html

Thanks for coming ... it was our pleasure!!

Shafi