PDA

View Full Version : aluminum fuel cell

gr-nova
04-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I am looking to make an aluminum fuel cell to fit between 28" of frame. Any concerns (or tips) I should be aware of.

Matt@RFR
04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
In my opinion, only experienced and professional fabricators should build a tank that will hold a combustible liquid. Your question is obvious proof that you are niether, so my suggestion is this:

Have a pro build it for you, or do about two years worth of reading, ASKING SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, and lots of practice.

gr-nova
04-10-2005, 07:37 AM
ok thanks for your opinion, I do have an experienced guy making the tank I guess my question was not informative enough. anyway, I would like some input on an in tank fuel pump and some mounting suggestions. Can I put foam in the tank as a baffel?

Jim Nilsen
04-10-2005, 10:15 AM
If you go to the ATL or Fuel safe web sites or call and get their literature you will be able to see how they do it and then you can improvise on the dimensions to fit your car.

You can get parts and advice on how to do it if you want. They do it for a living and do it well. Saftey is their biggest concern.

You may want to get a bladder while your at it if you really are concerned about crushing the tank in an accident.

The people a ATL are very helpful and will build or help you build anything you want.

Let us know how you get things worked out so we can see for ourselves maybe how to do ours.

Jim Nilsen