PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between

kman67rsss
04-03-2005, 04:46 PM
standard and delux interiors on 1st gen camaros? thanks

Tom Welch
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
door panels and door handles, quarter panels (interior), seat covers too I believe

redss86
04-04-2005, 07:15 AM
door panels, inner door handles, 1/4 panels, seat covers, front seat foam/ springs. I think that is about it. There is alot of things that have to be changed to convert to deluxe. I have done a couple and the first one was a real pain. Kept having to get more/ different parts.

Happyfunballs
04-04-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm converting mine from a standard to a deluxe and it's pricey. Inner door handles, door panels(the stainless trim for the door/quarter panels is like $200 alone), seat foam and springs should be the same(I used my standard seats for the conversion without a problem), seat covers are different, window regulators, door opening mechanisms, seat belts(although that may be part of the "apperance group" that was offered, pedal trims, chrome inner a pillars etc.). I believe there is a metal bracket that supports the arm rest on the deluxe, but I haven't been able to confirm it. I need these, if they exist. The quarter window regs are the same between the two.

kman67rsss
04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
i guess i will be sticking with the original standard coverings

Happyfunballs
04-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Actually, if your spending the kind of money most of us do when doing a car like this, the cost (probably $1000 to convert if you did EVERYTHING correctly)to install a deluxe vs. a standard is not that much in the grand scheme of things. Ricks First Gen sells almost everything needed to switch it over.

kman67rsss
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
well at this point i dont have the extra 1k to spend on the interior

67rsssls
04-15-2005, 10:47 AM
One thing that has not been mentioned is that the rear seat is actually narrower on the deluxe interior. It is about 3" narrower to allow for the rear armrests. So you will need an original deluxe rear seat or a rear seat from a convertible since it is also the correct size.

Happyfunballs
04-19-2005, 06:54 AM
You are correct sir. I didn't think of that in my original post....probably cause my 67 is a convertible.

Happyfunballs
04-25-2005, 11:22 AM
You can add the rear side panels(the ones around the window regulator)are different between std and deluxe.......found that out over the weekend....oh well, what's another $48.