PDA

View Full Version : recovering seats

kman67rsss
04-03-2005, 12:06 PM
i am looking around at seat covers for the stock seats. i stripped my rear seats to cut and weld them to fit the minitub. anyways the frames had a pad and burlap covering over all the springs. is this the best stuff to use when recovering or is there something else to use? do they sell this stuff at local interior shops? thanks

redss86
04-04-2005, 07:21 AM
any interior shop should have what you need. New burlap is best to protect the pad from the springs, w/o it the springs will just tear right through the pad. If the original pad is foam and is in decent shape it can be reused. I would just recommend having the local interior shop steam it to help soften the foam. If the foam isn't any good anymore, I have used actual layers of cotton padding to make a good pad. Again, any interior shop should have these items.

Happyfunballs
04-04-2005, 07:32 AM
I used a "synthetic" burlap to protect the foam from the springs. My seats were in good shape, but the foam and the old burlap was destoyed.....plus the frames and springs were pretty rusty. I blasted the frames and the springs, por15'd it, and am beginning the covering process. I have the drivers seat bottom covered and it's quite a chore to make sure it's wrinkle free. I spent $50 on extra sheet foam, muslin, glue, etc just to make sure it looks good.