PDA

View Full Version : Nova & Chevelle Door Strikers

Ringbrothers
09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Can anyone tell me if the first gen Camaro door strikers will fit any Novas or Chevelles? When I looked them up it looks like they will work. I don't want to post anything on our website that is not a true direct replacement.

69LT1Nova
09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Staci,

Could you do Ringbrothers a big favor and suggest that management purchase a beater $800 Nova and actually test fit your parts on a real car? It is a small investment to be sure that your parts work in the real world, not just on paper.

Sorry, a pet peeve of mine is: "it works on a Camaro, so it should work on a Nova". While this is true for a lot of parts, some manufacturers have absolutely no clue what they are doing because they never actually put their parts on a car.

Another way to test this out is to give away *gasp* some parts as long as the person getting them provides you input as to the fit/finish/ease of installation.

Sounds like you want to avoid making a mistake as far as fitment goes - kudos! :)

tones2SS
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
WOW! Very nice.

Ringbrothers
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
As I posted in reply to 69LT1Nova on the Nova site: Ringbrothers test fits everything before it ever gets listed as a fitment for any application. I am researching whether or not the striker is even close to fitting another application before I send out a sample to a customer at no charge to have it fitted. So it sounds like these will work. I have contacted two potential customers to see if they can fit them and post pictures if they fit. I will update you as soon as I know.
Thank you,
Staci

novanutcase
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
As I posted in reply to 69LT1Nova on the Nova site: Ringbrothers test fits everything before it ever gets listed as a fitment for any application. I am researching whether or not the striker is even close to fitting another application before I send out a sample to a customer at no charge to have it fitted. So it sounds like these will work. I have contacted two potential customers to see if they can fit them and post pictures if they fit. I will update you as soon as I know.
Thank you,
Staci

Which Gen Nova are you talking about? Each generation has a different door striker.

John

69LT1Nova
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Which Gen Nova are you talking about? Each generation has a different door striker.

John

Yep, I pm'ed Staci to let her know...

I vote that you should get a free set to try them out on a second gen!!! :1st:

novanutcase
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Yep, I pm'ed Staci to let her know...

I vote that you should get a free set to try them out on a second gen!!! :1st:

NPHNP!!!!:smoke:

John