PDA

View Full Version : Willow Spings Big Track Sept 16th

RSX302
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
We're headed back. Shooting for high 1:30's.

Open Track Racing (http://www.opentrackracing.com/)

RSX302
09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Car got back on the trailer the same way it came off..ALWAY'S A GOOD DAY WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

More people then before, but still very fun. I was in the Blue group (Intermediate) and had a hard time getting in a full uninterrupted lap. Porsche's, M5's, AC Cobra's were being pasted every lap.

The only fast lap I had was in the afternoon when the temp soared to 102. HOT! Yes..the Toyo's made it very exciting! Going up the hill out of T3 got full sideway's. Caught it, dropped a tire in the rocks and continued with the lap. Since I knew this was my only clear lap, I stayed in it. Managed to pull off a 1:39 with the bobble.

Hit my goal of high 1:30's, but would have been nice to have a clean lap earlier when temps were lower. 85 deg before lunch.

The biggest improvement made to the Camaro was replacing the lower front rubber bushings at the crossmember to rod ends and increasing spring rates all four corners. Damn does this car handle now..Very Balanced....

CarlC
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats Ron! I bet that was exciting out of T3. There's not a lot of room to work with going up that hill.

RSX302
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Congrats Ron! I bet that was exciting out of T3. There's not a lot of room to work with going up that hill.

Thx Carl...

Yea...my passenger had a little accident in his seat at T3...LOL

Boy is this stuff addicting--Especially when a car is so fun to drive.

My brakes performed flawlessly (finally) and also leaned into the power band harder.

In the beginning I was coming out of T9 in 4th at about 90mph (~4000rpm) and rolling into the throttle. As this was smooth, it wasn’t fast. I realized this when I set up to go around a BMW M5 going onto the front straight. I wasn’t catching him very fast until I hit 5000rpm then I passed him around half way down. Next lap I tried dropping down to third. OH YEA BABY! This is how you run this engine.. Set-up to pass an AC Cobra that was moving right along. Dropped to 3rd entering T9 (~5500rpm), hit the apex and started rolling into the throttle again---DEAR LORD--SLING SHOT! Shifted at 7000rpm and pulled 4th to 7000rpm again across the start/finish (~140mph)

I apologize; I didn’t get any video footage this go around.. I need to get a new video set-up.