PDA

View Full Version : Any Pro-Tourers out here in Providence RI?

Idesigner
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Hello Pro-Touring!

I wanted to introduce myself, i am newer member on here and wanted say hello. I moved from Philadelphia To Providence for work. I currently live in downtown providence. I really have not seen many classic cars in the area, only a handful. I do see plenty of newer super cars around the city! I am amazed at the number of cars that i would only expect to see in CA. Just this afternoon out for a run i saw a New ZR1, F 360, F 430, and 3 Bentley GT's !!

I am new and looking for anyone in the area from the site that would know about local events, Hot spots, and just if anyone would need an extra hand sometime on there car!

Looking forward to hearing from you...

joemac
09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm a ways South of you in MD, but welcome to the site.

Idesigner
09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I guess i should have added my car a pic of my car...haha

So here a photoshoped pic with the NEW GEN deceino wheel that i ordered for the car. They are coming from Jon in brushed centers and polished lips and i will post pics as soon as i get them in a couple of weeks!!

I am working to shift my car from a more drag race set-up to a more drivable Pro-touring style.

Engine - 468 BBC, Brodix Heads with a mild port match polish. It has a full forged crank and rods with JE pistons. The Cam is a large solid roller cam that puts out a wild tune!

Transmisson- 400 (looking to upgrade to a 5 or 6 speed)

Exhaust - I just put on a new exhaust system on the car to try and quite it down with maganaflows and lemons headders that fit awesome! I had some trouble with the cross member but fixed it with a few spacers!

Brakes - Wilwood Front disc Brakes, Rear Stock Drums

(Looking to upgrade to new Front and Rear Brakes)

Rear - 12 bolt rear with mosers and 4.11's

Future Suspension mods coming in time...Any tips on some things to stay away from or must have's?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/08/ChevelleDeceino-1.jpg

1968CamaroSS_Sam
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Even photochopped. It looks great. Welcome to the site.

tones2SS
09-09-2009, 09:10 AM
WELCOME!!! Very cool. I'm not in RI, but in MA near Gillette Stadium. (A lot of people around here have no clue what a pro-touring car is.):machine:
Car looks good. Got some nice stuff going on there. I would really look into the DSE suspension stuff if you can swing it. One of the best products for your suspension needs. There is a car show every other Thursday night @ Gillette Stadium. Probably about 30-40 minutes from Providence. (That is the only car show that I know around here at this time.) I used to go to the Providence Mall and the "firewalk" that they have almost every Saturday night in the summer time. Got any more pics of your car? Would like to see them. Keep us posted.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the site.

Motown 454
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the site I'm from Ma. If the weather is good they have a show at Sam,s club on the corner of rte 114 and rte 6 in Seekonk. It gets going after 4 pm There have been a ton of car the last couple of times I went. I didn't go last week. It may be at K Mart right next to Sam's club.If you don't mind a longer drive they have one in Foxboro Ma at a Bass pro shop every other Thursday it was today so its not for two weeks. I've never been but they say it always loaded.

tones2SS
09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the site I'm from Ma. If the weather is good they have a show at Sam,s club on the corner of rte 114 and rte 6 in Seekonk. It gets going after 4 pm There have been a ton of car the last couple of times I went. I didn't go last week. It may be at K Mart right next to Sam's club.If you don't mind a longer drive they have one in Foxboro Ma at a Bass pro shop every other Thursday it was today so its not for two weeks. I've never been but they say it always loaded.

Yeah, it does get pretty full. I guess one week they had over 900 cars!! I've only gone once this year in July. Pete from COMP-SPEC went one time and won an award.