PDA

View Full Version : 69 camaro suspension/brake advice

carbondaddy
09-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I've got a 69 Camaro that is lowered with 2.5" blocks in the rear and 2" drop coils front. I don't like how it rides/handles/steers and would like your guys advice. I would also like to lower the front another inch or so to give it a little rake, but with the 18" wheels and tires I have the tires will rub on the inner fenders. This is what I'm thinking of. Using Heidts 1" narrowed control arms and coilovers on the front and Heidts 4 link rear suspension with coilovers on the rear. Classic Performance Products sells a 13"/12" brake package that is quite economical. Also a new steering box will be needed. This setup will cost under $5K. What are you guy's feelings on these products? Is the ride and handling that much better than stock components? What other products will give similar or better performance in this price range. Does the CPP (or any others) rear discs push the rear tires out any? I've only got about a 1/2" between them and the fenders. If any of the businesses on here can provide a package on the stuff I would need, they can let me know.
Craig

ProdigyCustoms
09-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Hey Craig, We sell and install 5 different brands of suspensions systems for 1st Gen Camaros. And every product we install and test in our shop. If we won't use it, we won't sell it. With over 20 Camaro projects on the property, we get a pretty good feedback from parts.

Your choice of components are not the same list parts I would use.

Give me a call and lets talk a bit more about the rubbing issue, you back space on your wheels, your presnt parts and your alignment specs. Then I can help you determine the best products for your car.

IBDMANN
09-07-2009, 05:18 AM
I would definately talk to Frank so it will be done right the first time.

Apogee
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
FWIW, most rear disc brake conversion kits are only going to add the difference in the thickness between the hats of the drum versus the rotor replacing it, usually about 1/16" to 3/16" per side depending on whose kit you choose to run.

Tobin
KORE3