PDA

View Full Version : Projekt “Turns on a Dime!!!”

sinned
08-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Here she is…just hours after handing over a fistful of cash (not really, I got a great deal). One 1992 S10 Blazer (I know all the die hards are gonna point out the S15 grille…Yeah, its been hit at least once and fixed with junk yard parts). 4.3, 4 spd auto, power everything and a 2-door, 2WD.

Immediate plans include fixing all the easy $h!t that somehow the rest of civilizations neglects…rear window won’t close from EXCESSIVLY worn latch and missing bolt, R/F window in-op from bad motor, hood rattles from missing hood adjuster, etc… all easy fixes with minimal cash outlay. I already ordered a set of Boss 338 in 18X8 and 18X9.5 to be wrapped in Yoko 245/40 and 265/35 rubber. I need Marcus to answer my PM so I can get an AFX spindle package on the way and of course I will freshen up the entire under-carriage during that install. A set of 850# 5.5X9.5 Tru-Coils are on the way to be set with hidden adjusters. 3” drop leafs and blocks will start the process, maybe something a little more hi-tech in the future.

I already started my homework on a LS1/TKO swap to be worked out in the near future.

I think it will make for a nice grocery getter, throw on some paint and window tint and beat the hell out of it.

Pics coming...

sinned
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Projekt set back...changed the leaking water pump and took the truck in for a smog check. FAIL!!! I now have a gross polluter. Damn California and Nox readings, I doubled the max. readings. Spending $$$ designated for fun on smog bull$h!t.

brans72
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
ebay the parts!

Code Red
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
good luck with it ive been kinda trhinking of getting a s-10 as a beater do whatever truck

WS6
09-10-2009, 04:20 PM
My favorite body style for the S10 Blazers. Lowered and sitting level they look great. Sounds like a fun project.

Tig
09-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Nice project., sounds like a plan.
I would'nt mind a 2dr 2wd S10 to match my 2dr 2wd Tahoe.

Magic
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
That will be a nice project.

This is my buddy's old truck that I could have/should have? bought before I settled on buying my now current Mustang. His truck was done to the 9s and back... 350 swap, custom dash with Autometer gauges, C4 Corvette leather seats, shaved/smoothed body, 4/6 drop etc..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

It was definately a wicked truck and unique. I used to help him work on it when it was nothing but a primered body without an engine.