PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good place to get driving lights?

novaman_68
04-02-2005, 09:20 AM
I want to get some PIAA or Hella driving lights to use as high beams on the open highway, so I am looking for the brightest ones I can find. I found some 580 series PIAA's on e-bay for about $220.00 but I can't find them anywhere else to compare that price.Thanks :poke:

WS6
04-05-2005, 05:49 PM
have you thought about going with an H4 headlight instead? if you go with 100/80w bulbs i can promise the high beams will be enough. i was considering putting driving lights on my 96 formula since the headlights suck. i changed to H4 headlights and use 100/80w bulbs. i like my decision. my high beams rock. now if you just want driving lights for the look as well as functionallity then id suggest Hella, Cibie(pronouced CBA), or Bosch, not Catz, Pilot, or PIAA.

heres some good reading on lighting for cars. www.danielsternlighting.com

novaman_68
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks, yes I bought the H4 conversion but it is'nt in the car yet. I live in a rural area with a lot of suicidal deer and am wanting the best lighting possible.

WS6
04-07-2005, 05:49 PM
yeah i know the feeling. id check out some of the hellas bosch or cibie lights. one of those should make a nice round light. i think that would look good