PDA

View Full Version : New guy from the uk

protouringuk
08-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi, just thought id post up and say hello.
I just happened to stumble across this site while trawling through the internet and i gotta say wow this is exactly the site i hoped i would find.
Ive been checking out the pics of peoples rides and think they look awsome.
Ive always been into american cars,specially muscle, and there isnt much of a following over here in the uk for the pro-touring look,but i think it should be as they look outstanding with big wheels,brakes etc.
Ill try and attach some pics of my new project and hopefully get some inspiration from the members on this site.
Cheers Andy

Ralph LoGrasso
08-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the site, Andy. Cool project.

neki67
08-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome my (kind of) fellow European even though you're not from the main land ;-)

Oh and Andy, PT is not just about looking good . . . .

1971CHEVELLE
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site

wellis77
08-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the site Andy, cool project you have there.

79T/Aman
08-31-2009, 04:22 AM
Welcome Andy, is it me or does it seem as if there are a lot of old Pontiacs across the pond?

protouringuk
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome Andy, is it me or does it seem as if there are a lot of old Pontiacs across the pond?

Yeah theres quite a following over here, not just for pontiacs but the whole american car scene.
My boss/friend has a race prepped 1980 Transam that he has built and uses it on track days and strip work,
Although the only people who modify muscle cars are really the guys who use them for drag racing at my local strip. There are a few sort of promodded cars about but not in great numbers. This would be my second pro-mod car as i had a 1969 mach1 mustang that i cut my teeth on,and now im going to put the lessons that i learnt on that to do my Lemans, and also pick up some advice on here along the way(hopefully!!):)

pimtina
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the site!