PDA

View Full Version : Who in Ohio is building Trucks

06RangerSTX
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I just thought I would put this thread up to see how many people around Ohio are building trucks for Pro-Touring purposes...

driftinblzr
08-28-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm trying to build a pro-touring-esque ride with my '02 Blazer. I've just installed a set of QA1 coilovers in the front. I'm going to temporarily use drop blocks in the back until I can work out either a 3-link or TA rear suspension system. I have a set of 17x9.5" Ronal R-15's from a '91-92 Firehwawk waiting for tires and. I'd like to attack some road courses with it just for fun. I don't have the power to be fast but it'd be fun none-the-less.

My ultimate goal is an open road race like the Silver State Classic and then to race the Pike's Peak Hill Climb, but that will take more $$ than I can even think about right now.

Later, Doug

06RangerSTX
08-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I was reading about your blazer on Pro touring S-10... you should post some pictures of your blazer on here at some point, atleast you have Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges to have some fun on ;) I think Nelson Ledges will be easier to learn on though...

driftinblzr
09-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Beaverun in Penn. isn't too terribly far away, plus they have some drift events.:woot:

Oh and I also started a small thread in the Project section with some pics. It's under "Project WTH"

Later, Doug

796spdbu
02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Thought Id bring this one back from the dead. Are you guys still building your trucks/blazers? Im in the process of designing a tube chassis for a 90' fullsize truck, dropping in a 5.3 into a 97 bravadaand doing a coilover 4 link rear,and custom upper lower c/a with coil overs in the front.