PDA

View Full Version : Need an Vintage Air vendor in LA area that's reputable and reasonably priced

RYU
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I know reputable and cheap sometimes doesn't go together but i'm hoping for a miracle here :)

Can someone here in the LA area point me to a reputable dealer for an A/C kit for my 66 Chevelle? I'd really like to pick this up locally.

I don't really care if it's Vintage or Hot Rod but would prefer VA. I've emailed Frank at Prodigy but would like to explore all my options.

Thanks!

Edit: LA = Los Angeles, California!

Twentyover
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.vintageair.com/dealers_mfr_state_search.asp?state=LA

I guess I'm assuming LA is Louisiana and not Los Angeles?. If not,

http://www.vintageair.com/dealers_mfr_state_search.asp?state=CA

RYU
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Thx for the link. I'm in Los Angeles. Sometimes I forget. I get called out for SC (Southern California) and SC (South Carolina). bad habit...!

I saw that list as well but was hoping for some folks on here to vouch personally for a local vendor or two. Vendors with good customer service deserves the extra business and I know there must a lot of them here in southern cal.

CarlC
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
LA? I thought that was Lower Alabama!

ProdigyCustoms
08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
No matter where you buy it, you really do care weather it is Hot Rod or Vintage Air. there is a HUGE difference. The Hot Rod System is not in the same league as the Gen IV.

RYU
08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
No matter where you buy it, you really do care weather it is Hot Rod or Vintage Air. there is a HUGE difference. The Hot Rod System is not in the same league as the Gen IV.
Gen IV it is! Frank - sent you a PM this morning. Let me know! thx!

MCMLXIX
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Thx for the link. I'm in Los Angeles. Sometimes I forget. I get called out for SC (Southern California) and SC (South Carolina). bad habit...!

I saw that list as well but was hoping for some folks on here to vouch personally for a local vendor or two. Vendors with good customer service deserves the extra business and I know there must a lot of them here in southern cal.

You could always edit your profile to state where your located... that way it's shown next to your post count and join date in the upper right corner of each post....

I will be using Vintage Air in my 67 Chevelle... everything I read makes it look like the best choice, plus shipping should be less then TAX and Frank is top notch... I will probably be running a VA front runner on my LS3 as well....:jump: