PDA

View Full Version : AP Source: Coroner rules Jackson's death homicide

Samckitt
08-24-2009, 01:54 PM
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles County coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press, a finding that makes it more likely criminal charges will be filed against the doctor who was with the pop star when he died.
The coroner determined a fatal combination of drugs was given to Jackson hours before he died June 25 in his rented Los Angeles mansion, according to the official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the findings have not been publicly released. Forensic tests found the powerful anesthetic propofol acted together with at least two sedatives to cause Jackson's death, the official said.
Dr. Conrad Murray, a Las Vegas cardiologist who became Jackson's personal physician weeks before his death, is the target of a manslaughter investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. According to a search warrant affidavit unsealed Monday in Houston, Murray told investigators he administered a 25 mg dose of propofol around 10:40 a.m. after spending the night injecting Jackson with two sedatives in an unsuccessful attempt to get him to sleep.
The warrant, dated July 23, states that lethal levels of propofol were found in Jackson's system. Besides the propofol and two sedatives, the coroner's toxicology report found other substances in Jackson's system but they were not believed to have been a factor in the singer's death, the official said.
Murray has spoken to police and last week released a video saying he "told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail." His attorney, Edward Chernoff, had no immediate comment but has previously said Murray never administered anything that "should have" killed Jackson.
A call to the coroner's office was not returned Monday.
Murray did not say anything about the drugs he gave to Jackson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_en_ot/us_michael_jackson_investigation

I'm by no means a follower of Michael Jackson, just posting info here. I would say the doc is in some deep *****.

Chevrolaine
08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, it's messed up. You know MJ was the one requesting all the stuff but the doc shoulda known not to give him the chit.
He's definitely gonna be the fall guy.

John Wright
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I think you guys are right...the doc is in deep doo-doo. I kinda felt that was the case when the story broke about Jackson being taken to the hospital unconscience/unresponsive.

Samckitt
08-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Watch us all find out that the doc (that has only been his doc for a short time) is a relative of one of the kids that spent the night at Neverland Ranch years ago.

rich_fbodySS
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
When you've got that kind of money, you can find a doc that will prescribe anything. If one says no, you just try another until you find one that will. Not to let the doc off the hook, just pointing out the reality of the situation. In my opinion, if that doc hadn't given him what he wanted, he would have found one that would, soon enough,.
Remember stories about the Rolling Stones's drug tolerance getting too high, they would just get a transfusion and start over with clean blood!
Ultimately, I feel MJ's death is his own fault.
That said, I'm sure the doc will still be punished (in both criminal and civil courts)
-Rich-

Turbo67camaro
08-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I agree - this one was a grey area somewhere between suicide and homicide.

Anyone pumping their system with that much crap is begging for death.